Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Attached a late night view from my bedroom window. I'm two hours away from 1am, but it's not going to be much different. Good night!

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Biking Viking said:
Attached a late night view from my bedroom window. I'm two hours away from 1am, but it's not going to be much different. Good night!

Nice view! Nice deck too!
It sure would go nicely with some of this:

And a nightcap with this:

Happy Solstice to you and the fam BV.

·
Gone riding
3,351 Posts
Happy summer Solstice all! Or happy winter Solstice as they case is for your fellow southern hemisphere friends. :D

Cheers, Dave.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Happy Summer Solstice to you northerners

and a Happy Winter Solstice to all those down south like me!

I would give you guys a pic but turning off your monitor will get you the same effect (hehe).

Can't wait for the longer and drier days again- finally got out for a pedal today (even if it was on the road)... it's been raining here in Byron Bay, Australia for the last 6 days...

·
Registered
574 Posts
Yep, Summer is on its way, shortest day of the year here, cant wait for the warmth of novemeber onwards, :D

·
Premium Member
5,104 Posts
Happy Solstice to you!

I was in Narvik Norway exactly 10 years ago and experienced the solstice about as far north as possible (by train and in Europe at least). I went to bed at 11:00, woke up at 2:00 and then again at 5:00 and it was sunny each time. I think there needs to be (and probably already is) a Norwegian Summer Solstice 24 hour race. It sure would be easier without lights!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Qman said:
Happy Solstice to you and the fam BV.

Thanks, Nate. As you can see, the landscaping has improved quite a bit since you were here. I even have a lawn, and the deck is complete with railing.

I better enjoy the light while I can. Six months from now, that view at noon looks like this. Here's the sun at its highest point of the day on Winter Solstice.

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Biking Viking said:
Thanks, Nate. As you can see, the landscaping has improved quite a bit since you were here. I even have a lawn, and the deck is complete with railing.

I better enjoy the light while I can. Six months from now, that view at noon looks like this. Here's the sun at its highest point of the day on Winter Solstice.
Beautiful! Reminds me of Winter Solstice in Alaska.
That looks like a good day for sitting in the brewpub drinking those $50 pitchers of stout...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts