Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Bah! When do people realize that this whole "new years eve" is just another Hallmark holiday!

Let's join boycotting NYE and call this date 13/1/2008. This will give the IT industry the much needed work to get over the economic crisis!

;) :D :eekster:

·
Registered
541 Posts
Cold, dark, and lonely

...is no way to start the new year, but it was still a fun ride. I did my standard San Mateo-Laurelwood-Waterdog route this morning.

Rolling from the house at 6.

When I got to the dirt it looked like this.

The new drivetrain worked OK, but I discovered my brake pads are shot. It eventually got light, but in a gray and gloomy sort of way. I got home just in time for a big breakfast with the family.

Here's to many non-lonely rides in 2009!

·
Weird huh?
2,286 Posts
Same to everyone

Happy New Year!

My new cross bike should be here in 2 weeks, so I'm stoked.

Cheers everyone!

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2008 in the rear view mirror!

Well, I am glad 2008 is over. What a year it was. I was in a car accident the day after Thanksgiving 2007 and have spent 2008 on the mend recovering from my injuries. Got to love those drunk drivers, NOT!

Anyhow, I lost about 1/2 year of riding all together and it has been a long climb to get anywhere close to my old ability which was so so to begin with. LOL Anyhow, I am at the end of my physical therapy now, litigation will follow and I hope to buy my dream bike this year. In the mean time, my Heckler has never looked better and always puts a smile on my face. I look forward to really getting back into shape. dropping a lot of weight and getting my endurance back. After all I've been through, I can't tell you how much more I appreciate riding now that I can do it again. So, no matter what, 2009 looks to be a fantastic year ahead. I can't wait to hit the trails. :thumbsup:

I may even make it to Mountain Bike Oregon this year. Something I've wanted to do for several years. Now to meet some of you other MTBR folks that have been, wanted to go or wish to go again.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Thanks to those who help'd over the holiday...

This seems like the best thread to put this put there:

To Dan, Ed, Jay, Christine, Charlie, Dan, Mark and more...my son, Patrick, enjoyed riding with all of you. My goal for him this holiday was to teach him how to find people to ride with. He has had the best holiday ever...riding 11 of 12 days (this includes our annual Christmas Day ride).

It was funny for me to take him to the Demo last Saturday and have Charlie say "Hi Patrick". I had no idea who Charlie was except for the stories from Patrick.

He has been on a high this whole time. I have heard stories of new houses, new trails and new people. The exercise is good but the social thing is what also makes the exercise fun (besides the fact that he is doing an "exercise" he loves). Patrick has learned more about contacting the "community" and finding his own people to ride with (besides mom). TWW has been great for him but the ability to ride Annadel, Waterdog, Demo, UC, Santa Theresa (in a short period) has created a stash of memories to take him through to spring.

We expect Patrick to be out of commision (may-be most of February) while he gets some internal plumming adjusted. I am sure his memories and looking forward to more of it will get him up and moving in record time.

For the love of sharing the sport...Thanks!
:thumbsup:

Kathleen aka mtbikermom aka Patrick's mom
;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.