Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When does Happy Jack generally melt out? Has anybody been up there to ski lately and can give a trail report? I've never been there and decided this was the year to do it. I'd like to get up before the cows and bugs come out. Thanks.

·
contains quinine
4,639 Posts
You might try calling one of the Laramie shops (or try the Wyo board?). It's at 8500, iirc, so I wouldn't count on dryness for a while yet.

·
Adventurous Hacker
438 Posts
Mid May at least

jja said:
When does Happy Jack generally melt out? Has anybody been up there to ski lately and can give a trail report? I've never been there and decided this was the year to do it. I'd like to get up before the cows and bugs come out. Thanks.
I used to live in Cheyenne and it seemed like the Happy Jack area never cleared out before mid-May. Even when they didn't get a lot of snow, the area seemed to hold on to it for a long time. You can drive up from Cheyenne on 1-80 seeing nothing but perfectly dry prairie, but when you get to the Vedawoo and summit areas, there will still be snow.

Having said all that, it's definitely worth your while to make the trip when it clears. Combine the Happy Jack/Tie City loops with the Headquarters Trail for a day of outstanding singletrack.

Fischman

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.