Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Mtbr Founder
35,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's see a photo of the little ones or your dad or your ride? How was the party? How was the ride?

fc

·
CHOCOLATE NASTIES Baker
1,289 Posts
No pic but here's the day's events

Got to wake up at the crack o' noon. Wen't over to the neighborhood pool and BBQ'ed up some burgers and steak. Cut out at 2 o'clock to meet up with a buddy and ride Santa Teresa in the 105 degree heat :yikes: My friend started getting mild heat stroke. We both drained our 100oz bags of water in the 2hrs we were out there. Route was Dan51's RRW single track up to the parking lot then up Stiles Ranch and down the fun stuff and back to the parking lot and down to Bernal and then home. Once home I changed back into my swimming shorts and headed back to the pool for a few more hours then BBQ'ed some chicken, portabellos, corn on the cob, burgers and dogs.

All in all a great Dad's day.
Now I gotta call my dad and wish him a happy Father's day.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I celebrated on Saturday so I could leave super early for a long ride with JMS today. After all, today was MY day (haha) so my activity of choice was to wake at 5:30 am, meet JMS at his house, and hit the trail for his one last long training ride before Cream Puff. Official stats: 80 miles, 11,000 ft of climbing, 7 hours. Route was Bonny Doon, Eagle Rock, Little Basin, China Grade, down to the coast at Butano St. Park, climbed Olmo, out to the Chalks lookout, Johanson, etc, etc. One of the best Father's days yet! Happy Fathers Day to all you dads out there.

·
Paper or plastic?
10,288 Posts
Early ride at SDF with BigLarry, Dan and theLaw at 8am. A wee bit too eventful to my liking. :( Then, on to a friend's house. Kids hung out in the pool while daddy took a nap on the lawn. After that, beer, steak and some time in the pool. Daddy likes. :)

·
Mtbr Founder
35,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Paul of Team Armo said:
I celebrated on Saturday so I could leave super early for a long ride with JMS today. After all, today was MY day (haha) so my activity of choice was to wake at 5:30 am, meet JMS at his house, and hit the trail for his one last long training ride before Cream Puff. Official stats: 80 miles, 11,000 ft of climbing, 7 hours. Route was Bonny Doon, Eagle Rock, Little Basin, China Grade, down to the coast at Butano St. Park, climbed Olmo, out to the Chalks lookout, Johanson, etc, etc. One of the best Father's days yet! Happy Fathers Day to all you dads out there.
Holy Crikey! Hope you had a good nap. That is some ride!!

fc

·
Mtbr Founder
35,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's my folks and my kids hamming it up. It's a riot when everyone's together.

So this was roadie weekend. My mtb cup runeth over with Downieville last weekend and Skeggs rides this week.

So yesterday was the Spectrum ride. It's always an adventure and this was fast but uneventful.

Today was the Alto Velo ride from my house! Saratoga to OLH, 84, Stage, 1, Tunitas and back. Holy efficiency. I left my house at 8am and was back by 12:30. 80 miles almost non-stop. My body was giving up at Skyline blvd due to the heat. But I got some gatorade and I was good to go. I watched some OLN went to sleep and hung out with the family. Good daddy day.

fc

Attachments

·
Mtbr Founder
35,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
0gre said:
Well aside from a killer ride or rather 3 days of killer rides. I got this shirt. Hair and grimace are due to total exhaustion.
wow. your face looks like your avatar. :eek:

fc

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Went riding with Dad...

not realy....well....he is old enough to be my dad anyway.....Did a little early morning Auburn cruise with Finch Platte. Good times and we were back at the car by beer thrity (10:45am).

Spent the rest of the day enjoying being Dad...playing at the river with the coolest little girl ever!

Attachments

·
I am lost, I'm no guide
1,145 Posts
you might have some competition BB

maybe it's because I have the TWO coolest little girls ever;) , but I woke up to this beauty... Straight up pimp sh%t:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
ali'i hua
1,796 Posts
happy belated fathers day as well- our little one is still in utero- due mid august.

so i get a "happy (almost) fathers day"?

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Half gal. of chocolate milk

francois said:
Holy Crikey! Hope you had a good nap. That is some ride!!

fc
We had a great time. You'd have loved it Francois: Beside the usual moderate grades, think four/30 minute + or more climbs with some granny ring in each climb. I was SOOOOO disappointed when the "Mack Daddy Hamster of the Single Speed Gerbil Clan "showed up on a geared bike. I never get what I want on holidays! One of these days he'll take the bait! We killed a half gallon of choclate milk after the ride.
Gotta say, I'm more impressed with all the smiling faces in the family pic's from your Fathers day gig. Great stuff, and congratulations are in order!:thumbsup: :) :)

·
Mtbr Founder
35,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SlowSSer said:
happy belated fathers day as well- our little one is still in utero- due mid august.

so i get a "happy (almost) fathers day"?
Good to hear papa-ethan. Boy, girl, surprise? Congrats in advance. Ride your pants off now. Then get a roadie in the fall.

fc

·
Registered
552 Posts
Day at the Headlands

I had a great day just hanging out at Rodeo Beach with family. In the picture are my two sons and my niece, with both sets of parents. Couldn't ask for a better Father's Day!

Attachments

·
Registered
524 Posts
Father's day ride and the kids

Did a very mellow ride with my Dad and brother on Father's day. We rode the creek trail near hwy 680 in Pleasanton since it's midway between where I live in Gilroy and my brother is in Fairfield. They have a pretty cool BMX/Skate park there off of Stoneridge drive that I got to tool around on. Kids L to R are Gabbie(4), Andres(2), Bella (7) and Sophie (4). Gabbie and Sophie are twins. They go out with me on rides to the park and love bikes too!

Attachments

·
Fermented Grain Sampler
clinking clanking clattering collection of collagenous junk
4,164 Posts
Sat night: Watched the A's get shelled with Mighty Man. We had "OK" seats. ;)
Sun, AM ride, PM beer. Nice dinner with in-laws. Good stuff.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts