Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee
5,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No surgeries, no personal trainers, fad diets, drugs or herbal remedies, just 5 years of cycling, determination, perserverence, and most of all a great bunch of friends to help and encourage me and to make it all fun. For the first time in over 15 years when I hit the scale today I had to push the big 50 pound weight one notch to the left onto 150 pound marker to measure my weight. I am now under 200 pounds.

At one point I weighed over 260 pounds.

You won't be seeing this guy any more (Pictures from 2002 and 2003):

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
0gre said:
No surgeries, no personal trainers, fad diets, drugs or herbal remedies, just 5 years of cycling, determination, perserverence, and most of all a great bunch of friends to help and encourage me and to make it all fun. For the first time in over 15 years when I hit the scale today I had to push the big 50 pound weight one notch to the left onto 150 pound marker to measure my weight. I am now under 200 pounds.

Congratulations on your weight loss Ogre! That's awesome! You and Big/Med Larry are huge inspirations to me. To date I am down 63 pounds, hoping for another 50 or so.

My hats off to ya!

Cheers!
-Larry

·
pedal pusher
2,234 Posts
Congrats Ogre, and ya did it the fun and natural way, riding.:thumbsup:

Sean

·
Banned
6,153 Posts
0gre said:

That's really cool, Dennis. Congradulations!:thumbsup:

·
Let's ride
7,125 Posts
Great job Dennis. Not only dropping 60 lbs, but also getting yourself into the "A" group of riders in the process.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Congrats! I know how good it feels to shed some weight. I'm in the process of getting rid of a few years of gaming and beer right now. It's always nice to hit those mile markers. Hopefully I'll be posting something simular in the near future.

·
Registered
494 Posts
0gre said:
I am now under 200 pounds.
:thumbsup:Dude that is awesome and highly encouraging! I was pushing 260 about a year and a half ago when I got back on the bike, so it's great to see and hear of others successes.

Dave

·
Totally, and to the max.
2,555 Posts
That is awesome. Often when I tell people about MTBR and mtn. biking, I never forget to mention that it "changes people's lives". It's far more than just riding a bicycle. Props to you.

·
OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee
5,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A Group?

rensho said:
Great job Dennis. Not only dropping 60 lbs, but also getting yourself into the "A" group of riders in the process.
Seems I'm always trailing the A group. That's been a big motivator for me. It's always "If I just lose a few more pounds I can keep up with these guys". But for every person I catch up with there is always someone that is faster than me. You, Francis, Finch Platte, Jilm, Big Boulder (though I can catch him when I have a good day and he's stayed up late drinking the night before)... the list goes on and on. Maybe if I get down to 180 I can keep up :) I'll be happy if I can just finish this Tahoe ride Kyle's cooked up.

·
OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee
5,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well keep on it...

smear3 said:
Congrats! I know how good it feels to shed some weight. I'm in the process of getting rid of a few years of gaming and beer right now. It's always nice to hit those mile markers. Hopefully I'll be posting something simular in the near future.
Sometimes it seems like it takes forever and if you are anything like me you will definitely hit some plateaus where you think you'll be stuck forever. Just keep at it. Seems whenever you hit a goal you have to set a new one :)

·
Nature Rider, Not MTBer
2,695 Posts
Damn. That's hard to do. Congratulations on pulling it off.

·
M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
3,584 Posts
Congrats!!! For those who know me, I know it’s hard to believe. But at one point I was 265 lbs...

Been hovering between 140 and 150 for the past 6-7 years

·
Jed Peters
1,412 Posts
Acadian said:
Congrats!!! For those who know me, I know it's hard to believe. But at one point I was 265 lbs...

And he's SUCH a hottie.

·
OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee
5,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Acadian said:
Congrats!!! For those who know me, I know it's hard to believe. But at one point I was 265 lbs...

Man good job there. I think I would look... wrong if I ever reached 150 pounds. Wife wouldn't let me in the house. 180... maybe 175 I think would be a good size for me.

·
Feeling a little taller
6,705 Posts
0gre said:
Man good job there. I think I would look... wrong if I ever reached 150 pounds. Wife wouldn't let me in the house. 180... maybe 175 I think would be a good size for me.
I might have to jump in on the 0gre weightloss method. I've been stuck between 195 and 200 for the last year or so. I got down to 185 during that time for about a week but it must have been a fluke since it all came back.

Are you guys ready to share the Fiona Troll-house cookie diet secrets?

·
OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee
5,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Butter?

Dan'ger said:
I might have to jump in on the 0gre weightloss method. I've been stuck between 195 and 200 for the last year or so. I got down to 185 during that time for about a week but it must have been a fluke since it all came back.

Are you guys ready to share the Fiona Troll-house cookie diet secrets?
Maybe it's the fact that we use real butter instead of the yellow stuff that's made from some bizarre chemical concoction you can't pronounce? I also only tend to make cookies when I go on rides so I wind up burning it all even as I eat it.

Really I think the big help over the last 6 months (I lost 20 pounds since new years) was packing my lunch and walking 2 miles during my lunch hour.

·
Too Much Fun
2,320 Posts
Nice work!

0gre said:
I am now under 200 pounds.

Big props. Its not easy, even more so when you don't cave into the fad diet BS.

I'm currently working on convincing my Better Half that riding will beat any silly diet, especially in the long run...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts