Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Ariolimax columbianus
1,641 Posts
happy bday Blue Shorts!

Here's a present to help you decide if you need a new frame or not. Well you can't have it but you can ride it. Just finished riding it (insert frame gender here) and can't help smiling. 2nd time out, awaiting a new fork. Hopefully I'll catch up with you guys this weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
WOW, It's spreading :) Very nice build. The next thing you know, you will be buying Gravity Dropper, blame Bruce for that.

Bruce, my NoMUD treating me very well, specialy after few upgrades (it's never stops right?). I put 50mm Hope DH stem (150g) and GD on it. I can't belive how improved DH experience on it and surprisingly I didn' lost any of climbing ability. Now figuring way to get Casco Viper MX from Germany for Mammoth mountain trip :)

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
The Law said:
I think you need a new set of tires to celebrate! I look forward to reading the discussion on this forum...
Tires? I have a feeling that's a reference to something...... only I have no idea what.

My wife bought me a Garmin etrex Vista cx. I'm trying to decide if it's appropriate for Santa Cruz with all of the treee cover, or if I need the newer / larger / more expensive models with SIRF antennas.

Looking forward to ridng with you soon.

·
Groveland Trail Heads
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
wtf?

Blue Shorts said:
My wife bought me a Garmin etrex Vista cx. I'm trying to decide if it's appropriate for Santa Cruz with all of the treee cover, or if I need the newer / larger / more expensive models with SIRF antennas.
Could you please use words we all are able to understand... even for the mentally challenged(me)?

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
scheckler said:
Could you please use words we all are able to understand... even for the mentally challenged(me)?
Sorry. I didn't realize that you would read this. I'll translate it for you:

My wife bought me an electronic map unit. I'm trying to decide if it's right for Santa Cruz with all of the leaves and stuff, or if I need the more betterer unit. :D

·
Groveland Trail Heads
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you...

Blue Shorts said:
Sorry. I didn't realize that you would read this. I'll translate it for you:

My wife bought me an electronic map unit. I'm trying to decide if it's right for Santa Cruz with all of the leaves and stuff, or if I need the more betterer unit. :D
that was much easier for me to understand :D

·
Slowest Rider
5,239 Posts
eTrex Vista Cx is an excellent GPS

Blue Shorts said:
Tires? I have a feeling that's a reference to something...... only I have no idea what.

My wife bought me a Garmin etrex Vista cx. I'm trying to decide if it's appropriate for Santa Cruz with all of the tree cover, or if I need the newer / larger / more expensive models with SIRF antennas.

Looking forward to riding with you soon.
If they'd only add the more sensitive SiRFIII receiver, it would be perfect!

With my eTrex Vista, I get good reception in Demo. But I often loose reception on Hihn's Mill though. In fact, that's one of the few places I ever loose reception. The north side of a narrow canyon or steep hill with trees is the worst possible reception situation, and even then I get signal half the time with the eTrex. I never loose signal in Wilder and the upper parts of Demo. I also get good reception most all of the way down Braille, Tractor, and Sawpit.

Only the GPSMAP60 CSx would be better than the eTrex Vista Cx, as it has the better receiver. But it's not built as tough, and after Dan'ger's experience with it's non-survivability on the handlebars, I'd stick with the eTrex.
(I just realized Dan's going to Demo July 1 with his Vista Cx. Maybe it's better than my older Vista. Find out then if you don't before.)

Oh, and Happy Birthday. !!!!! :band:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.