Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Rollin' a fatty
Joined
·
5,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
10 years ago today the son of DiRt and Mrs. DeViL was born, quickly was nicknamed Pepe and eventually inherited the DeViL handle name. Because of his bike passion I named him Little DeViL.

Last night I asked him what he wanted to do on his birthday, to no surprise he asked me to take him out for a ride and to take him to the movies on the afternoon and so we did.

We went to the Albergue Olimpico in Salinas and our riding buddy and neighbour Jay tagged along. We tried the normal loop but with all the rain that have been falling recently the trail was wet and riding became a shore with all the tacky mud that stayed on the bike making pedaling in some sections impossible.

Was going to take the camera to the ride but started to sprinkle right at the parking lot so the camera stayed behind.

Birthday boy after the ride


Birthday boy and Jay waiting for their turn


Birthday boy trying to clean his ride






After arriving he watched the US GP and afterwards we went to see Fast and the Furious Tokio Drift, he loved it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
517 Posts
Looks like you guys had a good time :) I was just wondering though why he uses a womens bike. Is it a better fit because of his size?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24,083 Posts
Nice Jersey, did Lil' DD pick it out himself or was it some of daddy's influence :D Sounds like a good fun, healthy B'day, wish I could get my nephews to think of doing things like that for their celebrations.

It's a women's bike because????? Not the slanting top tube is it???? that was circa when women dressed "proper" in skirts when they rode their bikes. I do believe that's a size 13", a kids bike with good stand over clearance for easy bailing and room to grow into - I'm sure DD will chime in and set the record straight, I may be wrong.

mjsca07 said:
Looks like you guys had a good time :) I was just wondering though why he uses a womens bike. Is it a better fit because of his size?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24,083 Posts

Attachments

·
Rollin' a fatty
Joined
·
5,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is a womans bike, it's a 13" GF Marlin GS.

We got it for 2 reasons:

1) Fit, the WSD fits him a lot better. I part time at a shop and he tags along, that gave him the opportunity to try the bikes that are on the floor. He tried Treks 3xxx and 4xxx, GF Wahoo and Advanced but the Marlin GS fitted better.

2) Color, he saw it at the shop and was love at first sight

The ACDC thing is his own deal, he heard ACDC one day on the radio and liked it. After that he saw VH1's Heavy the History of Metal and along with his syster fell in love with heavy metal. Now both are not also ACDC fans but also Judas Priest, Twisted Syster, Guns N Roses and other 80's metal/hair bands.
 

·
Rollin' a fatty
Joined
·
5,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
GF's site is a pain when you are from ouside the US, they use your IP to determine your location and sometimes the site takes you to nowhere.

The only changes made to the bike were a hub swap, hydro brakes, carbon bar, removed the big ring and put a bash ring and 0 rise stem plus we cutted the steerer tube a bit to lower the stem.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24,083 Posts
I stand corrected, thought it was a kid specific bike, but whatever works. Thought GF was ontop of the kids market and had built a nice, but kid sized version of the Tass.
DiRt DeViL said:
It is a womans bike, it's a 13" GF Marlin GS.

We got it for 2 reasons:

1) Fit, the WSD fits him a lot better. I part time at a shop and he tags along, that gave him the opportunity to try the bikes that are on the floor. He tried Treks 3xxx and 4xxx, GF Wahoo and Advanced but the Marlin GS fitted better.

2) Color, he saw it at the shop and was love at first sight
LMAO :D that is too funny, reminds me of my youth.. At least he hasn't gotten into anything heavier.

DiRt DeViL said:
The ACDC thing is his own deal, he heard ACDC one day on the radio and liked it. After that he saw VH1's Heavy the History of Metal and along with his syster fell in love with heavy metal. Now both are not also ACDC fans but also Judas Priest, Twisted Syster, Guns N Roses and other 80's metal/hair bands.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top