Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Probably drunk right now
6,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happiness can be many things to many people. For me, happiness is either time with my family or time on the trails.

Today, I just finished installing a new chain, a middle ring, bash guard, shifters (and cables) and grips. I won't be able to ride until tomorrow but I'm as excited as a 5 year old on Christmas Eve to hit the trails with a freshy fresh drive train. I love it when my bike shifts with precision.

Other than the obvious answer of time on the trails, what's your mountain biking happiness?

Ken

·
Banned
19,198 Posts
The euphoria when your one with nature, when the bike is an extension of yourself, no conscious thinking, just the flow and the almost paranormal connection to your surroundings.

·
nocturnal oblivion
2,331 Posts
Warm apple pie? Just kidding. For me it's those moments when you forget everything flowing down awesome singletrack, railing berms or not feeling the landing it was so smooth. As AZ put it: no conscious thinking. Just pure bliss.

·
since 4/10/2009
35,279 Posts
just riding...not worrying about finishing at a certain time, not thinking about what I have to do tomorrow or the project I have to complete at work or anything like that.

it's been a long time since I had one of those rides.

·
The Wiking
69 Posts
Happiness is paying back for all the times my old man has fixed my ride, buillt bikes for me to enjoy, by restoring his old ride by replacing everything but the frame, bar, RD, FD, brakes and levers. And then experiencing the joy this bike brings him, when he calls me up and explains where he has been riding, and how happy it makes him to get out of the couch and up in the saddle.

·
Bandit 29 FTW!!!
1,164 Posts
I have several passions and they all involve the outdoors. Happiness for me is time with the family but shear bliss is time with my friends and family in the outdoors.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Happiness is when my wife and daughter joined me and my son mountain biking.
What would make me happier is if they do it again, and again, and again.

Nothing like having the entire family join you in your passion of mountain biking.

·
Content from my avatar
4,355 Posts
Warning: Roadie content

Happiness is....

Out for a morning ride. The sun is shining. Warm, but not too hot. Just perfect. Gnarly headwind on the way out. You turn around, and the tailwind greets you. Two minutes later, you're flying along at 30+ MPH. No cars. No other cyclists. Nothing at all but the sound of the tires rolling along the pristine pavement.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.