Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Looking good... Welcome to the world of frontwheel cush... Ahhh the sound of Gazza on the road to the woods... The plushness when laying down the rubber over rocks, roots and other trialwhatnot that no more make any resitance against your rollinalong... Its oh so nice... Happy rollin and happy trials...

·
Category Winner
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A little better pic

from the side. It shows the meatieness (is that a word) a little better. I am going to start with 14psi in the tire today and work from there. I will still put my UST wheel with a UST 2.5 on when I race. I can't imagine being very competitive on a tire that weighs almost as much as two 2.5's.

Attachments

·
Category Winner
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Specs

Helibee said:
teamdicky, can you give specs to your wheel build please? I'm looking to do the same thing front and rear and am looking at using HED 45mm DH rims. Just curious as to your rim width. Thanks
Sun Singletrack rim on a Woodman front hub 32 spokes
Weight-590g --Width-31mm
You would probably get a fatter profile on the tire with the 45mm rim. The Singletracks are dirt cheap at Universal right now ($25). I have been using my set as backup/big mtn rides/used to be on my death bike/can't sell my spare wheelset.
Gazzi's require a minimum 28mm rim.

Attachments

·
Category Winner
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bah

Enoch said:
C'mon TD, How long are you going to fight it.
Just go 29 and you want need that monster tire. :D
A 29" 2.3 Exi is no match for the destructive powers of my Mighty Gazzi. I had it aired down to 8 (that's right 8) PSI. Like riding around on a round loaf of banana bread, and just as yummy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.