Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I weigh 145. Ride a Trek Ex7 and recently converted to tubeless. I was wondering what pressures you guys run. I currently have it on 26 FR and 27 RR. Feels fine but sometimes a little on the stiff side. Should I maybe make my rebound adjustment to slower or faster? I thought I had sweet spot the other day but it seems not.....:madman:

·
Registered
6,613 Posts
I agree, experiment. One problem with recommending pressures is that there is a wide variance in accuracy. A cheap gauge may read 5-7 PSI off. At 160, I run about 24 on a N.N. On the front (26x2.4, SS, TR, Trailstar).

·
Advanced Slacker
15,569 Posts
I weigh 145. Ride a Trek Ex7 and recently converted to tubeless. I was wondering what pressures you guys run. I currently have it on 26 FR and 27 RR. Feels fine but sometimes a little on the stiff side. Should I maybe make my rebound adjustment to slower or faster? I thought I had sweet spot the other day but it seems not.....:madman:
I'm ~25 lbs heavier than you, and on a similar sized tire to the HD on the front I would be running around 23 psi. Rear, it depends what size NN you are talking about. I ran a 2.25 around 28-29, on a 2.4 I could probably do around 27.

I did not find my pressures dropped much when I went tubless.

When I had tubes, the lower limit in the front was the tire folding over / squirming in corners, and that did not change going tubless.

In the rear, the lower limit was pinch flats For most 2.25-ish tires, that was around 29 psi. Any lower and I would start to flirt with flats. Well, what I found with tubeless is that while there is no tube to flat, I was still bottoming the tire on the rim, and once I got down to around 26 psi I was starting to ding the rims. So I only went down about 2 psi in the rear compared to running tubes.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone :) just came from a ride and found that 25 fr and 27 rear is perfect. I'm running 2.35 FR & 2.25 RR. Did a couple of hard interval runs too with lots of high speed S-turns on single track and the handling was spot on. I'm going to pass auto zone later and buy a legit tire pressure gauge. Good idea!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.