Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
That in th OHV park

If you know where the greengate is on Foresthill road that people DH shuttle from, the trailhead for this trail is East of the gate off the fireroad...maybe an eigth of a mile. It will take you into the beginning of the FHDT. It's actually a pretty tough lil section of ST with a few steep ups.

Happy new year.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Yeah, I too am curious about the section of video with the bridge etc. They were pretty narrative in the video up until they reached the bottom of stagecoach...where did they go from there? I know the clementine loop up to the top of culvert, through the tunnel and atop mammoth bar to the confluence section, but where were those bridges etc. and how do you reach them from the bottom of the canyon?

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
The large bridges

one is on the south side of the divide trail, the other is on the Connector.

The small plank bridge is the bridge for the shortcut trail that is between Foresthill road and Old Foresthill road. To get to it, you take the trail/dirt road running south from the top of clementine climb at the green gate. Trail/road comes out at Foresthill road. Cross directly across the road to trailhead and you'll immediately hit the plank bridge.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Awesome...thank you! I will check it out. When we reached the top of Clementine the other day, we saw several others "shuttling" to where we were. We kicked right and climbed to the top of the culvert run, but from what you were saying if we had just gone to the run to the left that is the "straight shot" to Foresthill Road we could have hit that section correct? I'm anxious to give it a shot! Thank you for the help!

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Yep, that's a straight shot...more

Once you get to Old Foresthill road, the trail is right on the other side of the guardrail. Quick lil drop in descent. At the fireroad you have two choices. To your left is Stonewall ST. It's about a 1/2 mile plus ST descent that hits Wagonwheel fireroad in the OHV. You can descend Wagonwheel to the bottom and climb out of mammoth bar on the pavement (If you go up, you'll have a nice steep two mile climb, to the other ST, you also asked about, and that I commented on).

The second choice is to go right on the fireroad. The fireroad will take you directly to the Confluence trail.

Your best bet long term is to pick up a map of the Auburn park area from one of the local bike shops.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.