Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
single track ****
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some shots from ride this past Sat & Sun. Got out early while ground was still cold. The hunters packed the trail nicely w/ their boots, and I got in some good ride and slide w/ Texas Lou on Sat., and my dogs on Sun.

Attachments

·
Currently in Exile
2,305 Posts
Good stuff Migz. Glad I decided to scroll down the page a bit. Between Downhill Jerks, Uphill A$$holes, and colisions between the former and the latter, some good stuff has fallen through the cracks.

·
less is more
819 Posts
I can say from a bodybuilder's point of view, deer meat is some of the leanest protein I have had the pleasure of consuming. Your body just sucks it up. Yeah, stay on the trail. You may make some friends.

·
single track ****
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
no doubt

Whyteboy said:
Those hunters give You funny looks don't they. Dave M and myself rode that trail on Sunday, and wondered whos tracks those were. Good pics Matt
Hey Matt,
I think everybody I've encountered is a bit surprised to see someone riding in the snow. We should hook up for a ride sometime,and you should bring "steady Dave" :) w/ ya . I'm gonna ride from backbone early w/ Lou tomorrow(7ish), and then meet up w/ bern-dog for early sunday freshies out of Drake. Give me hollar if you're game for either. Miguel

·
single track ****
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks

aliensporebomb said:
Great pics! I also like the presence of the dogs in your ride there, always good
for an addition to the good time.

My last ride I saw three deer all next to one another - those things can really
motor on the flats too!
The dogs seem to have more fun than me, they never complain, and they're always willing to go for a ride. I'ld prob. rode less if I didn't have them. Seems the animals around here know it's hunting season, so I only see them at night lately. The deer motor indeed. I'm always nervous of getting cross checked by one when I'm on a downhill(at night), and deer cross trail in front of me. Hope you get in a good ride or three this weekend.

·
single track ****
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
should be a bit colder on Sun

Whyteboy said:
How early on Sunday?? I will call Dave tomorrow, and see if He's into it.
so we prob won't need to wake up the roosters. I'm, used to getting up at 5am, so 8,or 9 would be easy for me. We don't want to let no stinking hunters/hikers get our freshies if it snows Sat night:)

·
single track ****
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hey

daveM said:
Might see you there. I'll only have 26'ers but... what the hay...

Hey Matt, going to see a man about a bike tomorrow, not a Nomad, but still pretty sweet!
Supposedly those 26ers are still trail legal for the wounded, babies,people who havn't bathed in the diving glory of 29ism while juggling rattle snakes & consuming strychnine, and a few others;) You're gonna buy a Lenz behemoth aren't you?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.