Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We did a new to me ride this weekend called Hanging valley, it's near Helena. This turned out to be a beautiful ride. It's 12 miles round trip with apx 3200 ft vert. The first couple miles ascend through some lush green forest, then you climb a few more miles on shale grainite and limestone, then, at the five mile point you descend 1000 ft to a 150 ft tall limestone slot canyon, then you come up to a gate with a truely spectacular vista. The pics don't do any justice as usual, but here's a few anyway.

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't found much info about it, but It's east of Hauser Lake near York. Here's a pic of the "gate", it's spooky. The gate sits in a weathered notch in a HUGE cliff. It's about 250 ft+ straight down on the other side of the gate. The second pic is standing on the gate looking straight down.

Attachments

·
SamIAm
2,038 Posts
whoa that is crazy. so that is out over by york then? well that looks like a fun ride. i might have to get some peeps together sometime this sumer and do that.

do you have better directions, or could i just google it? i dont feel like finding out right now, srry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.