Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the winter months have set in, I only get out about once a week. I have been keeping my Rize in the basement rather than the garage. Is there any reason not to hang a bike with a lefty upside down when storing for a few weeks at a time?

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Captain Pabst said:
no reason to worry. it will be fine.
If I hang my Carbon RLC it loses all control over rebound.Cycling the fork a few times ended up fixing it the second time, but the second time I actually had to have the rebound damper replaced. I know that you, Mr. Captain Pabst, are a lefty expert so i don't know if its just related to the Fox internals.

·
unemployed team mechanic
157 Posts
i hang my RLC, DLR SL, and PBR from their front wheel all the time, potentially you had a bad seal in your rlc, as after cycling the fork a few times the oil will work its way back into the rebound circuit.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Duncan1104 said:
hmm... I was hanging it completely upside down or by the rear wheel. I just don't hang my road bikes now. They're easier to lift onto the ceiling anyway.
I'm hanging mine completely upside-down and it's a PBR MAX .

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
upside down is fine.........

Just make sure you didnt get water in the boot plowing through a creek or something. If I dunk mine, I just cut the tie wrap off and check

·
Missouri sucks...
2,305 Posts
Irrelevant post... My buddy has a Reba SL that he was hanging upside down in the garage and at some point during the day the cap came off the stanchion and he pored oil over his head;p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.