Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 enduro, with an x9 rear mech, now with the hanger banger (stock with s-works frame) on it restricts the mech and won't let it shift down into 9th, almost like a limit screw would but from the top and outside, so not really like a limit screw at all :rolleyes: , but you know.
anyone had this prob? can it be resolved or do i have to sacrifice the banger or 9th gear

·
In my mind, I can do it!
2,365 Posts
lemmiwinks said:
I have an 06 enduro, with an x9 rear mech, now with the hanger banger (stock with s-works frame) on it restricts the mech and won't let it shift down into 9th, almost like a limit screw would but from the top and outside, so not really like a limit screw at all :rolleyes: , but you know.
anyone had this prob? can it be resolved or do i have to sacrifice the banger or 9th gear
http://www.johnhenrybikes.com/catalog.asp

·
In my mind, I can do it!
2,365 Posts
crisillo said:
Yep, as iviguy noted with the link, you probably have a "Shimano" HB, you need to get the Sram version...
Looked like the Specialized version was the same cost as the one from John Henry Bikes but the latter seemed more sturdy and refined. I ordered it so we shall see how well it holds up.

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
iviguy said:
Looked like the Specialized version was the same cost as the one from John Henry Bikes but the latter seemed more sturdy and refined. I ordered it so we shall see how well it holds up.
Cool.. keep us posted... I hope this fixes it :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.