Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, so this project happened somewhat by accident, but the results are satisfying. Last November I went to Phoenix's South Mountain and blew up 2 derailleurs in 2 days. Admittedly I tend to go thru about 5 per year. I was very close to ordering a Rohloff steup but wasn't satisfied with the limited compatability, cost, & effort. Then I happened upon the Hanger Banger made by http://www.northshorebillet.com I thought it was a great looking piece but was frustrated that they didn't make one for a 12x150mm hub axle.

Anyway, I still liked the general idea so I ordered one for my Blur and it's qr axle. But John Henry bikes in Canada ended up sending me the wrong piece, meant for a 10mm bolt on axle. I was bummed but started looking at the piece and wondering if I could make use of it on either bike. Turns out, I could replace the black bolt cap on the axle for the Hadley, WITH the Hanger Banger and it fit just fine! Only additional mod was to add a washer between the bolt and the Banger for better load carry.

Check it out!.....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Dusty, sorry you got the wrong hanger banger but it all worked out in the end didn't it?

Mudd, they're $39.95 Canadian $ plus shipping. I use on one my Santa Cruz Tazmon which doesn't have a replaceable dropout and it works great!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.