Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Any of you own or have ridden the Fisher Bigg'ins bikes? I want a low cost play bike, liked the Mullet, but I could not pull the trigger. I was not happy with the way the brake drag changed as the fork compressed. A simple adjustment of the caliper did not solve the problem. You can see the caliper move sideways when you compress the fork. The Trek Store service manager said the brake drag will not go away on that bike.

I wonder if the Bitter would be better with Stance instead of Splice fork and hydraulic brakes???

I've tested Giant STP1, Kona Scrap, and C-dale Chase. The STP1 geometry and balance feels best, but I want discs and that cheap price of Mullet is attractive.

I suppose I should not have touched the STP. It seemed best for slow moves and around town type play. The Scrap and Chase were fun, but they seemed front heavy with the steel stanchions and not as suitable for neighborhood plan and an occasional trail ride.

Thanks for any comments.

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HomerSimpson said:
The STP has a very street setup and it's only in it's 2nd year of production. How come no Specialized P1 on your list? The Kona has a more dirt setup.
The P's I saw have chain guides that I don't think I want, and very low bb height which I think would work against getting over rocks 'n things. The bike will have to do some trail riding duty when my wife rides, and I am very attracted to the Mullet price if it could only ride without the front brake dragging. I'm looking for something tough and cheap, and wonder if the Fisher's fork and brakes are just too low-end to not drag. I have no problems setting up the Bomber and Hayes hydros on my dualie.

All advice and opinions appreciated.

Thank you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.