Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there is a handlebar mount available for a Garmin Forerunner 310XT? I have seen some for different models but not the 310XT. Garmin's website does not show one but surely there is one. This thing is designed in part for triathletes to use, seems like there would be a way to mount this thing on a bike. The mount would need to work on a larger diameter bar. Or maybe someone has rigged one themselves that could give me some ideas. Thanks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Not 100% sure if this would work or not, but perhaps look into the mounting kit that you can get for the Edge 500?

I picked up the Edge 500 a couple weeks ago and also picked up the quick-release kit for the 310XT. This kit comes with a watch strap that the Edge 500 fits into so I can take it when I run, ski, snowshoe, etc. in the winter. (I got the tip here: Most extensive review ever thanks DC Rainmaker)

I am not positive that the 310XT would fit on the same mounts as the Edge 500 but it makes sense that it would.

·
since 4/10/2009
33,373 Posts
The Edge 500 uses a unique mounting system (attachment of the head unit to the mount) and so something that works for the E500 will ONLY work for the E500. For the Forerunner, go to Garmin's site and look at the accessories available for it. Once you find what's available, do some Google searching for the item you need.

·
El Mas Chingon
170 Posts
They just released a new one that you don't have to take the original strap off to use. Similar to the polar one.

·
DFMBA.org
1,913 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Trek Fuel EX9.8+. Upgrades: Bonty Line wheels 29r, Guide RSC brakes, PNW 150 Loam Dropper/Lever
68 Posts
I use a Forerunner 305 and Finally settled on a Suunto Bike Adapter. Garmin just straps to the handlebar and doesn't move. Also went with the Velcro wristband as it makes it easy to remove the GPS to connect to the computer. My .02

Bike Adapter - Suunto

1 - 8 of 8 Posts