Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2010 Specialized Pitch. I also purchased a twenty6 f1 stem 50mm 0 rise. So I am looking at purchasing riser bars, should I get 15mm 30mm or 50mm rise also should I get 710mm or 750mm wide. The frame is a size medium and I am 5'11" I want to be able to throw the bike around easily. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
all of those will change the geometry of the bike, we wont be able to help you with that.

if u like the way ur current handlebar feels, get the same degree of rise. also you should stick with the same width that you're comfortable with, you dont want your hands/arms spread too far wide.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Those wont change the geometry at all. It will however change the fit of the bike.

Stem length and bar width are personal choices.

·
Registered
25 Posts
louisssss said:
all of those will change the geometry of the bike, we wont be able to help you with that.

if u like the way ur current handlebar feels, get the same degree of rise. also you should stick with the same width that you're comfortable with, you dont want your hands/arms spread too far wide.
umm head tube angle and seat tube angle changes geometry. The only thing that would change the geometry of a bike is a bigger or smaller fork. Changing stem lenght/rise, handlebar rise/width, all that changes is fit. A higher rise bar will make you sit up a bit higher. That's it. As for width of bar it just changes how much control you have over the front end by increasing your leverage against the forces that turn your wheel off of its intended path. You can get a 50ml rise bar or get a 30ml rise bar and a stem with a higher rise which will accomplish the same thing. 50ml on a non downhill bike might look kindof odd.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Like others have said, it's preference and how you like the feel of it. my medium 07 stumpy came stock with a 90mm, 8 deg rise stem and a low rise, 640mm bars. changed to a 40mm 0 deg rise stem and 50mm rise, 700mm bars, i also switched to a setback seatpost to complement the shorter stem. In my case, i pushed the cockpit back a little.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.