Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a set of aluminum Pro Moto flat bars and was wondering which end plugs will fit? I have a set of ESI's that came with my chunky grips and another set of Ergon end plugs thtat came with some GX1's and neither fit. Both of these are plastic, "ribbed" style and are apparently too small, as they slide right in without catching and then fall right out. It seems like the diameter of the bars at the grip section is ever so slightly bigger than most other bars.

Anyone got a recommendation for a set of end plugs that will work? I would like to keep from losing control and inadvertantly obtaining a core biopsy of my abdominal contents!

Brian

·
I'm just messing with you
5,423 Posts
I had that same problem here using the plugs that come with the Salsa lock-on grips.

I found that road bar sized plugs like come packaged with handlebar tape work fine.

Core samples are a valid concern. When I was a kid I rode right into the side of a house and drove the end of an ape-hanger bar right into my nipple. Was bad enough as it was, but it could've been really nasty without grips.

·
Down South Yooper
1,010 Posts
i'm using cinelli road bar plugs, the hard plastic ones. They fit pretty snugly, lost one clipping a tree the first time out, but i seem to have a ton of those around for some reason.

Plum

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.