Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Let me ask my wife
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My dilemma is this, my bar will have an 11º sweep, 24" wide and no rise. I need bar ends that have a minimum of 11º inward angle. I've tried Moots, Seven and On-Off Ti with no luck. I'm still waiting on Jones top get back to me.

I can't go with wider bars as the trails I ride won't allow them, too many trees 25" apart, and with narrow bars I need bar ends. Anyone know anybody who can make me some custom ti bar ends?

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
HoSS said:
My dilemma is this, my bar will have an 11? sweep, 24" wide and no rise. I need bar ends that have a minimum of 11? inward angle. I've tried Moots, Seven and On-Off Ti with no luck. I'm still waiting on Jones top get back to me.

I can't go with wider bars as the trails I ride won't allow them, too many trees 25" apart, and with narrow bars I need bar ends. Anyone know anybody who can make me some custom ti bar ends?
I am using a 24" x 12 degree ti Koski flat bar and am no longer using ti bar ends that I got from Airborne some time ago--typical short welded L-bend. Are you worried they will point outwards? Because these do not--they are a couple of degrees still inward-pointing.

I found with that friendly sweep that I no longer wanted ends; took me a ride or two to get used to their absence. Don't forget that the ends will eat up some (3/4" each) of that nice width, also. (Actually more, since without ends, you can position your hands somewhat outboard, too.) Bike looks more modern without 'em, I guess.

I could probably be persuaded to part with a set of ti ends at very reasonable price. I'll look tonight to calculate the angle and visit tomorrow.

·
try driving your car less
3,097 Posts
HoSS said:
My dilemma is this, my bar will have an 11º sweep, 24" wide and no rise. I need bar ends that have a minimum of 11º inward angle. I've tried Moots, Seven and On-Off Ti with no luck. I'm still waiting on Jones top get back to me.

I went through this, although I did not pursue the custom route.
I couldnt find shiit. You might check into having them made of steel?
also, i was going to ask for a custom bar to have a little 'forward sweep' right at the tips, so the bar ends would be on a part that stuck straight out. but then you couldnt get the levers on unless you had a 2 piece clamp.

I just do without them now.I was considering putting tennis balls on the ends! try that?

if you find some angled bar ends, please post something.
you could also make them point backwards for a kind of H-bar thing, if you swing that way.

·
Let me ask my wife
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I don't want bar ends pointing outwards, they will catch on trees. I've run some different bars some wider and some with more sweep but I keep coming back to flat bars and bar ends. Let me know if you want to part with your old Airbornes, I may take those off your hands.

If Jones gets back to me with another suggestion I'll let y'all know.

BadHabit said:
I am using a 24" x 12 degree ti Koski flat bar and am no longer using ti bar ends that I got from Airborne some time ago--typical short welded L-bend. Are you worried they will point outwards? Because these do not--they are a couple of degrees still inward-pointing.

I found with that friendly sweep that I no longer wanted ends; took me a ride or two to get used to their absence. Don't forget that the ends will eat up some (3/4" each) of that nice width, also. (Actually more, since without ends, you can position your hands somewhat outboard, too.) Bike looks more modern without 'em, I guess.

I could probably be persuaded to part with a set of ti ends at very reasonable price. I'll look tonight to calculate the angle and visit tomorrow.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
HoSS said:
I don't want bar ends pointing outwards, they will catch on trees. I've run some different bars some wider and some with more sweep but I keep coming back to flat bars and bar ends. Let me know if you want to part with your old Airbornes, I may take those off your hands.

If Jones gets back to me with another suggestion I'll let y'all know.
HoSS, I sent you an email about the ti ends; they match your specification. If you do not receive the email, please respond here.

The ti ends are 15 degree and in good shape.

I have been gone from work for a couple of days; sorry.

Or you could page me in the Political forum where the body of my work resides. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.