Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
Just a word of warning about the Luv bar: some people seem to find it stiff and unforgiving, more on par with an Alu bar. I remember a quote from Rody (who makes them) saying something about the Ti version is the one that is actually meant for rigid and the steel is a bit overbuilt on purpose. Many people do find them comfy enough and everyone seems to love the design though. The Surly gets similar comments too, actually. I think the lesson might just be that the right hand position and bar set up is more important than bar feel

·
WNC Native
3,985 Posts
boomn said:
I think the lesson might just be that the right hand position and bar set up is more important than bar feel
Agree to an extent. However, I'd rather have a stiffer bar that doesn't flex when climbing. Also I'd rather let my wide front rim, wide front tire, and low psi take care of the bumps more than having a flexy bar.

That said, I'd be happy with either version of Rody's bar. Hoping my funds allow for that soon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.