Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm after cheap and cheerful suggestions, for QR bar mounts, with a hole in to bolt to attach my light head too. I've was using Electon light spares but there decent ones (old stock) have all sold out and the alternative Hope and Lumicycle options are not exactly cheap.

Would prefer a UK sourced solution but am open to any suggestions really. :thumbsup:

cheers

·
Carbon8er
1,420 Posts
I have 100's of the old style Marwi bar mounts at $1.50 each.
The top swivels and there is a bolt hole for mounting lights and cameras.
These only fit regular sized bars

The new style Marwi bar mounts fit both sized bars and have a slide off top piece that you attach to the light.
These are $8.75 each, so maybe not cheap enough?

I sold a large quantity of these to a forum member in the UK
Not sure if he wants to sell any of his stock pile or not?

·
Carbon8er
1,420 Posts
I won't run out of the new style mounts. (fingers crossed)

Since Marwi USA is no more, I hooked up with the factory in China and am buying them direct.

The only time I would be out would be waiting for a shipment to arrive. (like right now)
It's a major PITA dealing with China, but I am hooked up and good to go.

I am currently waiting for large shipment to arrive
I only have about 20 left in stock

Have sold 500 of the new style mounts in a years time, they are very popular.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Doh! Chris you bugger, I thought it maybe you... ahhh is that what the liberators come mounted out to go over the stem.. I'll take a look at the page and P&P prices to see if it worthwhile for the 'couple' I need, cheers for replies.

·
A waste of time it is is
6,724 Posts
EL34, are the new Marwi Mounts genuine quick release? ie does the bottom piece have a slot in it so once the cam is loosened it simply pivots out? I ask only because I have a "quick release mount", not a Marwi, that needs to be completely unscrewed to remove it, not quite quick release in my opinion.

·
Carbon8er
1,420 Posts
You do not have to unscrew the lever when you take the mount off the handle bars
You only screw the lever in or out the very first time you set it up on your bars.
You have to set the threads to the correct diameter of your bars and the rubber shims used.

The bottom half is hinged, you can see the hinge pin in the pic above.

Once you pull the cam lever down and unlock it, the lever swings out of the way and the bottom half swings wide open.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.