Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my Carve SL 29, really enjoying the bike but am still waiting on other cogs, 20x32 is a bit too soft.

When I took my bike into the LBS to change the grips, my mechanic noticed that the handlebars stem alignment is off. I attached some photos. So the 35cm should mark the middle but the photo shows that it is clearly off a little. Stock bars are 700mm.

The photos are a bit blurry and hard to see but it is just to give an idea of how it was measured. I just hope it is the paint and has nothing to do with the bar itself.

What do you guys think?

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you comparing the grid from the red side markers? If that is the case, you right. I didn't notice that as well. I figure that the whole layout is off so I'll go with the measuring tape.

·
I Ride Bikes
1,755 Posts
i remember my first time using an alan wrench too.
not cool dude.

Learn the proper name of a tool before trying to mock someone else.....otherwise you end up looking like one.

Allen wrench.

·
Registered
90 Posts
not cool dude.

Learn the proper name of a tool before trying to mock someone else.....otherwise you end up looking like one.

Allen wrench.
Lulz! My bad. I've been drinking

I agree, my comment was uncool. I suggested that the bar be adjusted and it turns out that it's already trued-up and the culprit is the off-center painted grid. I'm such an *******....

·
reading comprehension wat
328 Posts
The stickers are not perfectly aligned at the factory for some cheap bars. I learned that too. Busting out the tape measure it the way to go if you demand symmetrical fit, but note that your body isn't symmetrical either and it can adapt.

·
I Ride Bikes
1,755 Posts
Lulz! My bad. I've been drinking

I agree, my comment was uncool. I suggested that the bar be adjusted and it turns out that it's already trued-up and the culprit is the off-center painted grid. I'm such an *******....
:) haha!

You're not an @ssH0le. :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.