Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I ordered a Cannondale 29er Trail 5 in a size small frame that won't be in until mid-May. Since I already have a hardtail mountain bike, I was wanting something with a less aggressive riding position for casual rides around town with the family. I still wanted this type of bike in case I do use it more on trails, but comfort is my first priority. Can anyone please advise me on some good handlebar brands? There are just so many out there to choose from that I am overwhelmed! I would like to stay under $75 if possible for durable handlebars but could bump it up to $100 if there is a big difference in quality. Also, by changing out the handlebars, I am looking for more rise and maybe more sweep backwards? Can you also advise on how much rise would be too much rise? I dont want to appear as to be riding a chopper but a more upright position is much more comfortable for me. Thank you for your help! -- Tim

·
Cheesiest
1,615 Posts
I like the Jones bars for riding with my daughter. They are a bit over your listed budget, but other alt bars (On-one Mary, Origin 8 space bar, etc) are cheaper and may work well.

·
Lone Wolf
1,790 Posts
$29 Bontrager bars are at my LBS. I think they are 660 mm, Yes they are used, like new
miss fit most likely.
Most bike shops should have a few pre sold trial and error miss fits you can snag.
I am hunting 700 plus mm bars, with this extra width I want a shorter stem so I keep near my same pos.

I've been looking, seen many different bars for less than 50 bucks but then again if you gotta have a name brand or something in style atm your gonna spend a lot more, your choice.

My bars will be black, they will not be bling,
I don't do bling..

·
Registered
328 Posts
Is active right now. You have to wait like 15 to 20 days to arrive here but is really nice. I love it at take some serious wait out in the equation. I'm a 240 pound guy and hold me nice in my full suspension bike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.