Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi-

New to the sport and recently purchased a Cannondale F600, size XL. (I'm 6'3", 215lbs.)

Bike seems to fit well and is comfortable so far for off-road riding, although I do a fair amount of street riding as well with this bike.

The seat is about 3-4 inches higher than the handlebars right now, to accommodate my long legs. On long street rides, I start to get some pain and stiffness in my wrists and shoulders.

I have put bar ends on the handlebars, and that seems to help a lot, but I'm wondering if anyone can make a suggestion on other ways to make the rides more comfortable.

Can the handlebars be raised with some kind of spacer? Would this affect the ride adversely on a trail? Are there any other type of grips available to give different hand positions?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
3,266 Posts
Different stem or perhaps riser bars.
I need riser bars on my F600 and I myself was wondering what a good light AL riser bar would be...
CDT

·
Registered
61 Posts
CdaleTony said:
Different stem or perhaps riser bars.
I need riser bars on my F600 and I myself was wondering what a good light AL riser bar would be...
CDT
I had to do both. High rise stem and bars and I am feeling no pain now. I did not have any pains in my shoulders, more worried about my back. I had back surgery about 8 months ago.. My bars are now slightly higher than my seat and it feels more like a dirt bike geometry (I like it) although it is a little tough on steeper climbs but its a trade off I have to live with.. Good luck! :thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts