Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi-

New to the sport and recently purchased a Cannondale F600, size XL. (I'm 6'3", 215lbs.)

Bike seems to fit well and is comfortable so far for off-road riding, although I do a fair amount of street riding as well with this bike.

The seat is about 3-4 inches higher than the handlebars right now, to accommodate my long legs. On long street rides, I start to get some pain and stiffness in my wrists and shoulders.

I have put bar ends on the handlebars, and that seems to help a lot, but I'm wondering if anyone can make a suggestion on other ways to make the rides more comfortable.

Can the handlebars be raised with some kind of spacer? Would this affect the ride adversely on a trail? Are there any other type of grips available to give different hand positions?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

·
Registered
483 Posts
you could also get some spacers and put them under the stem to raise the stem/bars. I used to have a canondale back in the day of Coda parts and you used to be able to order parts from the Cannondale website, probably not the case anymore though. Best advice is take it back to the shop where you bought it (or at least a C-Dale dealer) and have them install a different stem or bar to see if you like it.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
No spacers.

mthedude said:
you could also get some spacers and put them under the stem to raise the stem/bars. I used to have a canondale back in the day of Coda parts and you used to be able to order parts from the Cannondale website, probably not the case anymore though. Best advice is take it back to the shop where you bought it (or at least a C-Dale dealer) and have them install a different stem or bar to see if you like it.
YOU can NOT use any type of spacers with a Headshock or Lefty stem.

The best bet is to get a riser bar and/or a riser stem.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Go to the shop.

edphoto said:
Hi-

New to the sport and recently purchased a Cannondale F600, size XL. (I'm 6'3", 215lbs.)

Bike seems to fit well and is comfortable so far for off-road riding, although I do a fair amount of street riding as well with this bike.

The seat is about 3-4 inches higher than the handlebars right now, to accommodate my long legs. On long street rides, I start to get some pain and stiffness in my wrists and shoulders.

I have put bar ends on the handlebars, and that seems to help a lot, but I'm wondering if anyone can make a suggestion on other ways to make the rides more comfortable.

Can the handlebars be raised with some kind of spacer? Would this affect the ride adversely on a trail? Are there any other type of grips available to give different hand positions?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
THe shop that you bought it from should have various stems in stock. The serial numbers on the side of the clamp tell the story as far as the sizing goes. a stem withe say, 10020254 is a 100mm length, 20 deg rise stem with a 25.4mm bar dia. clamp.

Yours will read something like 1200531.8 That is a 120mm stem, with a 5deg rise, and a 31.8 clamp. If you can, start with a stem that is 1002031.8. This will bring the bar closer to you, while rising it about 1 in at the same time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts