Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was looking for something to upgrade on my bike and i was wondering what difference the handle bars length and thichness made and the degreee of the stem, what difference that made, any help on that would be great and if you wana recomend any stems and handle bars thats awsome

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
While you don't necessarily need to upgrade, you don't provide any information on which to base a recommendation either. What width bar are you running now? What length stem with what rise angle? Is that working for you or do you want to experiment with your position?

A wider bar generally gives you more leverage and control, but too wide isn't good either (especially if you ride in an area with many narrow tree gaps). Bars don't come in a large variety of thicknesses, you're better off experimenting with grips for that. Some bars have different thicknesses in the clamp area where the larger diameters might offer more stiffness. Stems and bars come in a variety of configurations and what most of them do is really give you different riding positions more than anything else (think about where your hands are going to be, different width and rise bars combined with different length and rise stems put your hands in different places and thus different riding positions).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.