Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
This place needs an enema
17,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jeny and I recently traversed a ~160 mile chunk of Alaskan coastline with a few friends.

We rode sandy beaches the bear's share of the time, but in two places there was no beach -- merely cliffs down into the sea. There we rode up into the bluffs above.

Why do I share these details?

So that you'll understand exactly how, and how much, this wheelset has been ridden.

I built them new for her just before the trip, and since it'll be at least a year until she needs a wheelset for beach riding, I'm moving them along so that we don't have to store 'em/trip over 'em.

DT Swiss Big Ride 6-bolt disc hubs. 150mm f, 197mm r, XD freehub.

Sun Ringle MuleFut V2 26" x 80mm rims.

DT Swiss Competition butted spokes, DT Prolock brass nips.

Surly Edna 26 x 4.3" tires, set tubeless from the get-go. No leaks, no burps, sealant is still very much fluid inside the tires, and the tread blocks are still sharp.

They were filthy with coastal mank and grass bits when we got back. I went at 'em for ~30 seconds each with a soapy scrub brush and they look dang near new now.

At MSRP this is a $1200 combo.

Selling this set, exactly as pictured, for $825 shipped.

Freehub can be XD, HG, or MS -- please specify.

Need 'em? [email protected]

·
This place needs an enema
17,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think a trip report would help sell this wheelset, hint hint nudge nudge.
Of course you'd be the one to suggest this... ;)

Gonna be a minute. Piles of wheels to build, family in town, house projects pending, etc...

How 'bout one action shot with this wheelset to tide you over?

Sky Water Ecoregion Tire Beach

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.