Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 1986 Ritchey Timbercomp and I am trying to figure out how to sell it. It was my first bike and my first love. Now I am way more into old steel frame fixed-gear riding/building and just don't have room for the old Ritchey anymore. At this point it'd just a frame (19 in.) and forks (dia-compe) but I do have all of the original Shimano XT and Deore stuff in a bag. It's beat to heck (I bought it in 1987!) cosmetically but rock solid otherwise. My problem is wanting big bucks for it because part of me wants to keep it but the other part knows I will never ride it again and I know it could be restored to its original glory and give someone (who knows what it is) great pleasure. I mean TOM RITCHEY built this thing man! #71 of 450 that year! it's a collectors item from the beginning built by a pioneer and a master! Anyone ever sold an old steel handbuilt? bought one? I have it up for sale on my local craigslist but it's pretty high. Anyone willing to give me thier opinion one what these bikes should go for now?

·
VRC Illuminati
17,654 Posts
eBay will get you market value.
Your local Craigslist if you don't want to ship it.
MTBR classifieds here for a targeted audience.

...But please keep in mind that there are no 'for sale' posts in the forums....and this post is (while maybe not on purpose) pushing the rules I'm afraid.

More importantly than anything...if you don't have pictures, you might as well not sell it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry...

Yeah, after I posted I perused this sight some more and realized I should have done that BEFORE i posted. I am a newbie and an apologize for that. Anyway, here are some bad photos of my (now that i looked at some other photos) less that desireable frame.

Attachments

·
VRC Illuminati
17,654 Posts
a.mortician said:
Yeah, after I posted I perused this sight some more and realized I should have done that BEFORE i posted. I am a newbie and an apologize for that. Anyway, here are some bad photos of my (now that i looked at some other photos) less that desireable frame.
I figured that was the case.

I have a feeling you'll receive several PM's with offers or inquiries.

Not to c. block anyone...but if it were me...keep it. Nothing worse than sellers remorse.

·
Banned
2,989 Posts
Rumpfy said:
I figured that was the case.

I have a feeling you'll receive several PM's with offers or inquiries.

Not to c. block anyone...but if it were me...keep it. Nothing worse than sellers remorse.
RUMPFY that's RELEASE REMORSE. It's always great to have some extra jingle in ones pocket or extra space when it's gone. It's the release of that once loved item that hurts.

·
VRC Illuminati
17,654 Posts
gm1230126 said:
RUMPFY that's RELEASE REMORSE. It's always great to have some extra jingle in ones pocket or extra space when it's gone. It's the release of that once loved item that hurts.
For you maybe.
I had to retrack down a replacement and start all over again. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.