Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
7,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
...or 'Schtickel, for short.

I sent Steve these rough sketches & let him work his magic...the results have been eye-popping!!! I highly recommend this guy as a builder. His has been (by FAR) the most seamless custom process I have EVER had the pleasure of working with.

I wanted a 29er version of my former bike (Evil Sovereign)...

How many custom builders can you throw a Hammerschmidt build at & get it totally nailed??!

Frame is currently at the powder coaters....build pics to follow.

Enjoy!!!

How do you like those mitres?

Nice Beads!

Taking shape!

More detail

Cable guide mock-up:

Stay tuned for build pics.....COMING SOON!

·
all about the all about
292 Posts
What a great project! Looks brick sh!t house tough, very cool indeed.

·
Harmonius Wrench
8,254 Posts
jncarpenter said:
Dude...seriously, stop copying me :D
I can't help it. You're too cool. ;)

Seriously, that will be a very unique and cool rig. I am curious to see how it will all turn out. (None more than you, I am sure.)

Are you going to run the "Team Dicky Approved" I-9's?

·
Registered
7,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Guitar Ted said:
I can't help it. You're too cool. ;)

Seriously, that will be a very unique and cool rig. I am curious to see how it will all turn out. (None more than you, I am sure.)

Are you going to run the "Team Dicky Approved" I-9's?
Hehe...yes, I9's (ss/ bolt on rear/20mm TA front...gordos F&R)

This was designed around my local trails (east coast REPRESENT!) and riding style (ex-DH'er)...so, maybe not the fit for everyone...but I know what I like :)

·
Witty McWitterson
5,023 Posts
I LOVE Steve's work. The little details are SO nice. I really like the brake brace. Sano.

·
Registered
7,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
~martini~ said:
I LOVE Steve's work. The little details are SO nice. I really like the brake brace. Sano.
Perhaps the most underrated custom builder...imho (GT...time for a feature steel fabricator article...;)). A true scientific artisan :thumbsup:

·
meh....
3,589 Posts
Holy poppa wheelie seat tube angle batman....

cool frame. sorry, but I have to ask, Steve who? I don't recognize the shop pics.

·
oh crap...
551 Posts
At first I was like, "huh?"....

And then I was like, "oh, yeah!" Very cool bike! Coming together so nice! I'm jealous!

·
Registered
7,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Monte said:
cool frame. sorry, but I have to ask, Steve who? I don't recognize the shop pics.
Steve Stickel...aka D.F.L. (ByStickel Bicycles; bystickelbicyclesATyahooDOTcom) :thumbsup:

·