Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, like normal of me, I've been making ten million different build plans for a new bike for me this fall. Lately Ive been thinking of going with a WFO frame (last week it was a RIP) for the ISCG tabs and using a HS crank setup soley for the whole shift seemlessly no matter what deal and using the front more than the rear for shifting. This morning after work I was just spacing out staring at a thread about crosschaining and for some reason it made me wonder about using an XX setup up front because of how SRAM made some things align and have proportionally correct chainring ratios that were discovered using a CREY XE6 computer then multiplied by 50,000 to the 18th power which ended up in the front shifting almost as quickly as a rear derailleur. I do know the advantages of how the HS shifts but I dont think there will be many times where Ill shift when Im not pedaling and when I shift my front deraileur under high load its because I need to drop a gear or 3 and going down has never been a problem, only up when under load. For the people that have experience with both or the XX, how does it compare in practical situations when using the front? Think a HS is worth the extra 400 grams (roughly) or do you find the XX to shift pretty damn well for a front system? Im not going to be XC racing but if people say "well the XX isnt that far behind the HS in terms of shifting" then Id rather go with the XX (or X-0 if they ever release it).

1 - 1 of 1 Posts