Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
IPAs make me wanna puke.
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had any contact with Hammerhead recently? Tried calling them today and the phone just kept ringing -- no answering machine.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Trouble with Hammerhead

Charles is a great guy and I've purchased a bike or two from him in the past. The trouble is, to your point above, you can never reach him. And, rarely does he return calls anymore. I remember when he was the main guy for information and I'd call him quite frequently to discuss differences between bikes, parts, etc. I just called him the other week to discuss Intense (5.5 vs. 6.6) b/c I know he and his partner, Howard, ride those two bikes. I spoke to Beth, I believe...it was a female, and she said she'd have him call me back to discuss the differences.....I'm still waiting! As a result, I bought a 5.5 locally and he lost the sale - I had full intentions of buying from him again. I guess he's busy riding all the time...not sure. Anyway, I don't mean to bash him, maybe he's busy but it's not the first time I have not received a call back! He is certainly knowledgeable.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
hammerheadbikes said:
I am not at the shop during the day
I have gone back to work full time in the computer industry, 3 kids and a stay at home mom means I needed more steady income and health benefits
I'm sorry to hear that Charles. That must have been a difficult decision to make. I've been working in the computer industry for 9 years and I'm really burnt out and hating it with a passion these days. I'd love to go into business for myself, but I can't come up with a sustainable business plan that provides enough steady income. I hope you at least like what you're doing now - that helps alot.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
It was a difficult decision...
but the right one
last year was tough on the business
I am way less stressed out, my wife is too, mortage is being paid on time, kids can go to the dr when needed

the shop is in a MUCH better place too...
I had been trying to run the shop on a shoestring budget.. entered it with no real capitol

now, we have the money to be able have frames in inventory at all time, fill orders substantially faster.. all good

the day job isn't bad.. no real stress... I leave it when I logout at the end of the day...

I would say life is good

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
hammerheadbikes said:
It was a difficult decision...
but the right one
last year was tough on the business
I am way less stressed out, my wife is too, mortage is being paid on time, kids can go to the dr when needed

the shop is in a MUCH better place too...
I had been trying to run the shop on a shoestring budget.. entered it with no real capitol

now, we have the money to be able have frames in inventory at all time, fill orders substantially faster.. all good

the day job isn't bad.. no real stress... I leave it when I logout at the end of the day...

I would say life is good
When you put the family in the picture, there's no question you did the right thing. Glad to hear the overall stress level is lower with the new arrangement. That's also good news that the new arrangement is having a positive impact on the shop. So, yeah, sounds like things are working out for everyone after all. :thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.