Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't quite seem to dial in something that really feels right. I am running 100psi for 1/2 inch travel and 2 clicks from all the way loose and I am getting bounced around. When I put it all the way loose it feels awesome... but it feels like it is going to bottom out too easily. Will it actually bottom out or am I just being paranoid?

·
Do It Yourself
5,720 Posts
fantom1 said:
I can't quite seem to dial in something that really feels right. I am running 100psi for 1/2 inch travel and 2 clicks from all the way loose and I am getting bounced around. When I put it all the way loose it feels awesome... but it feels like it is going to bottom out too easily. Will it actually bottom out or am I just being paranoid?
The 1/2" of sag sounds right on. The rebound shouldn't effect the bottom out though. Just how bouncey the bike is. I prefer a bit more rebound but the stock Fox shock can pack up with too much. You just have to balance it out. Try the shock will full slow rebound then full fast rebound so you can feel the difference. Then set it in the middle and move up or down one click at a time as necessary to find the sweet spot. Be sure to try it on bigger hits and on small studder bumps to test both slow speed and high speed damping. Like Charles said, I doubt you'll having bottoming trouble with that shock.

·
Registered
49 Posts
shock setup

I was on a fast trail with lots of rocks and some roots and it felt like I was getting bounced all over the place so I lowered the pressure so that i had about 3/4" of sag and it smoothed the ride like butter with no problem of bottoming out.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I actually ended up bumping it to 115psi, and setting it 5 clicks from all the way slow. To my surprise it was MUCH smoother then when I had it at 100 and all the way slow. Feels very good now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.