Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
friend of preston
219 Posts
its good; but with anything, if you want to see something you will likely see it.
It does provide energy and works well for 2-3 hr stints.
mix in a scoop of powerade or similar mix if you dont like the taste, that is the only way i drink it, you'll see why.
the gels are great except for banana and tropical.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I used HEED for several months, and while from a performance standpoint, it worked well. What I found though, was that as my water warmed up, the mix would taste less and less appealing. Because of the taste I've since switched products.

·
Not Smart Enough to Quit
644 Posts
I actually like the taste. It's a very light, subtle taste. Not heavy like cytomax. It's also much easier on my stomach than gatorade or powerade, Of course, when it's 99 outside at the end of a 2 hour ride, not much tastes good!

·
Registered
659 Posts
I use all of the Hammer products and found them to really do the job when used in the proper context and strength for which they were designed. If you just bought one of the single serving size I'm not sure if you will notice much if anything during your 60 mile ride. HEED is normally used as a carb and electrolyte supplement and a single serving is only 100 calories. You won't get very far on that plus it will be very weak tasting. The normal amount is 2-3 scoops per hour depending on body weight or the number of calories you are trying to replenish per hour. I would suggest you get a couple more of the packets if you want to notice any benefit. If you just want it for the electrolytes try the Endurolytes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.