Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm putting together a wheelset, just wondering if anyone has gotten their wheels built at Pierik's before. Also, which shop is good at building wheels around Hamilton and how much do they charge???

THanks

Ming
 

·
Economy Stimulator
Joined
·
351 Posts
macming said:
I'm putting together a wheelset, just wondering if anyone has gotten their wheels built at Pierik's before. Also, which shop is good at building wheels around Hamilton and how much do they charge???

THanks

Ming
Ming,

From what i have heard the best places to have wheels built in the area are freewheel in dundas and bicycleworks in waterdown. I personally have never had a wheel set built custom but from those i talk to those 2 shops are reccomended frequently.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahhh...I dislike Freewheel with a passion. The guys @ Pieriks will do it for free, I was just wondering if anybody here have gotten their expensive wheels build @ Pieriks :D

Oh yeah, I finish exams this Thursday, so we should get all the Hamilton people to come out for a ride next week or this weekend..

Cheers

Ming
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
macming said:
Ahhh...I dislike Freewheel with a passion. The guys @ Pieriks will do it for free, I was just wondering if anybody here have gotten their expensive wheels build @ Pieriks :D

Oh yeah, I finish exams this Thursday, so we should get all the Hamilton people to come out for a ride next week or this weekend..

Cheers

Ming
I've had a couple higher-end wheels built at Pierik's. Paul does a great job. I've yet to have to true or retension the wheel on my DH bike since having it built by him. What are you thinking about building up?

Simon
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
fatguysmiling said:
I've had a couple higher-end wheels built at Pierik's. Paul does a great job. I've yet to have to true or retension the wheel on my DH bike since having it built by him. What are you thinking about building up?

Simon
I bought myself a pair of centerlock XT hubs with XT rotors for $119 off ebay. Pieriks is getting me a set of DT 4.1d rims, and I'm not sure what spokes I'm going to use.

Paul is a pretty good guy, and he's probably gonna put my disc brakes on for me too :D

Cheers

Ming
 

·
rad to the power of sick
Joined
·
1,969 Posts
Ahh good choice... Good on ya for not getting the CK hubs...too much money!

Im thinking about building my first wheelset this summer, probably some el cheapos for a back up Im thinking deore hubs laced to a 717 rim.


cheers
happy trails
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top