Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All right. On Saturday July 19th I'm going to attempt to hit up a long ride around Hamilton. For those who missed the last one, check out the thread and picks at:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=411688&highlight=hamilton

Unfortunately the weather stopped us short on this ride, hopefully mother nature will cooperate this time. The Sunday could be a possible rain date.

Date: Depart 9:00am from The Barn parking lot. Upper Gage and Fennell. Saturday July 19th.
What to expect: 100 km of singletrack, double track, paved path and some road. We will essentially be traveling clockwise around the Hamilton Harbour. Most people from outside the area might be shocked by how much trail can be linked up. I've even learned of new stuff to eliminate some road in the previous ride. The pace will be steady, but not blistering. Ride will take 5-8 hours depending. We will have access to water and stores along the way, but be prepared for at least 2.5 hours of riding without support in the heat. As a warning, this route will involve significant climbing as the trails skirt up and down the escarpment.

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
I'm interested. I don't see any conflicts on my schedule at this time. It would be a good way to prepare for the 8 hour the next weekend.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I will put my self down as a tentative. I hurt my leg and will see what it feels like getting closer to that day. But i would love to do this ride. make sure you plan on for late august too.

·
Registered
392 Posts
...stupid work, AGAIN keeping me from the ride. Agreed for another late August/Early Sept. ride, and hopefully work will co-operate. Might not be able to hang in for all 100k, but will do my best to keep up. Not sure I could keep that pace so long, but we'll see how it goes :)

Cheers all,

Tim

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
jcr1 said:
I think I'm in... just need the official final approval from the wife.
Hey, that would be awesome if we could actually ride together for once.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
141 Posts
So last saturday I got up at 7:15, ate my breakfast, packed my stuff, printed out a map, and headed over to the [email protected]/Upper Gage. I got there about 9:45 and started waiting. At about 9:15 I started getting the nagging suspicion that something was wrong.... a feeling that got stronger the longer I waited. So at about 9:30 I took off and went on a ride by myself. After getting home at about 1, I checked the thread and as I had expected, I got the date wrong. It was weird because I had checked the thread a few times that morning for updates/meeting location, but I guess I never caught on! :madman: Sadly enough, this weekend I cant make it because of a lab bbq that I need to attend. Maybe next time!

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
beereppc said:
So last saturday I got up at 7:15, ate my breakfast, packed my stuff, printed out a map, and headed over to the [email protected]/Upper Gage. I got there about 9:45 and started waiting. At about 9:15 I started getting the nagging suspicion that something was wrong.... a feeling that got stronger the longer I waited. So at about 9:30 I took off and went on a ride by myself. After getting home at about 1, I checked the thread and as I had expected, I got the date wrong. It was weird because I had checked the thread a few times that morning for updates/meeting location, but I guess I never caught on! :madman: Sadly enough, this weekend I cant make it because of a lab bbq that I need to attend. Maybe next time!
Sorry, but I had to laugh when I read your post. :eek: Did you at least end up riding at all?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.