Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Better Organized

I was at the last one. It was a lot of fun, but really wet......

I hope this time it is a better organized. Last time they just had everyone start at a random order.

They should start it by categories. That way you do not have to worry about coming up on some one who is a novice and might not be familiar with "rider up" or "on your right".

Just my $0.02, but really glad to see this happening again:thumbsup:

·
ride for fun
416 Posts
Ottoreni said:
I was at the last one. It was a lot of fun, but really wet......

I hope this time it is a better organized. Last time they just had everyone start at a random order.

They should start it by categories. That way you do not have to worry about coming up on some one who is a novice and might not be familiar with "rider up" or "on your right".

Just my $0.02, but really glad to see this happening again:thumbsup:
Point taken.... we did want to start by categories but couldn't seem to make it happen, I think we need a more vocal announcer :D

Anyway Glad to see someone posted this here! Hope to see ya all again!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Redwood, why all the harsh words. They are doing their best. I think this is only the second event they have ever done. Its for fun! If you can make it, great. If not, no big deal. I met Nick about a year ago and spoke to a few other airborne members. They are a great group. I'm thinking about joining soon.

·
ride for fun
416 Posts
myfun said:
Redwood, why all the harsh words. They are doing their best. I think this is only the second event they have ever done. Its for fun! If you can make it, great. If not, no big deal. I met Nick about a year ago and spoke to a few other airborne members. They are a great group. I'm thinking about joining soon.
no biggie, that was actually pretty mild! anyone whos been a club pres knows you cant make everyone happy all of the time. :D

yes its only our second event, and most of us have never raced before so were not experts at these things. we do the best we can with the 6-7 people who volunteer ;) i think some people may be used to the bigger more professional races and events and were just not there yet to be honest.....

anyway we market this as a small, fun, local event that helps the trails.

see ya on the trails!

nick

·
Registered
33 Posts
My apologies, I didn't mean to come across as rude. I'm not attending because it's a far drive and I don't have a car. Otherwise, I'd love to go.

I think it's great that you guys are having an event to support the trails; it's an important thing to do.

·
ride for fun
416 Posts
oh don't apologize, your 100% right! theres always room to improve....

anyway, i try to make it clear this is no SORBA race, just a few fools with a stopwatch and some pink survey flags! ;D

seriously though, its all just for fun and to promote the trail.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.