Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone or does anyone use a combination of a Halogen helmet mount and a HID bar mount? Just wondering if the two different light sources (ie 'light tempertures') would give you a headache. Or when you do a helmet/bar combo should they be the same type of light source?

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
I had use 1 halogen and 1 HID in the past and it doesn't bother me. The halogen color is good or better for certain types of soil (gives you a different contrast) so if both lights a re good you don't "HAVE " to change your setup.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you

yeah right now i have a L&M Li-ion Halagen which i was planning on using as a helmet and get a L&M ARC for the bars. Or i was going to Ebay the Halogen and get either two LEDs (Princeton Tec Switchback 2 and 3) or save up a bit a get two ARCs.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I used a Trailtech HID with a Viewpoint 10/20w Halogen for a year before going dual HID (now dual LED) and it was probably the best contrast I've ever had. The warm and cool lamp colors work well at filling in the dark corners without eliminating the contrast that can give you that deadly flat light.

Incidently, I'm just now starting to play with different LED colors to try to re-capture that contrast, so I think you'll be quite happy with it.

·
Registered
9,249 Posts
If the halogen does not have a very focused spot, you will be fine. I found that using a spot halogen with the L&M ARC bothered me a lot. I found it to be very distracting and my eyes kept focusing on the bright orb of the halogen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts