Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
temps look to be good.

was hoping to get up there tomorrow, but i wonder if the d:madmax:mn fire will prevent me from leaving boulder...

:confused:

·
Registered
118 Posts
gotdirt said:
was hoping to get up there tomorrow, but i wonder if the d:madmax:mn fire will prevent me from leaving boulder...

:confused:
It only took me about 20-25 minutes longer to get home in Lyons last night at rush hour.

Check http://cotrip.org to see if 36 is still closed when you leave. If it is you can take the Diagonal to 63rd to Niwot Rd to 73rd (turns into 75th) take that to HWY 66 and take that to Lyons.

·
Team Blindspot
2,989 Posts
lidarman said:
Bedell99, how you likey the bikey?
Bedell99,

As I mentioned to you, Darren Murphy at Push has one and has ridden it for quite a while. I've heard him say some very positive things about the Ibis. When you are ready for a shock rebuild, call up Push as set up an appointment, they can re-build/tune your shock while you wait and help you get it set up as well. Good people up there. Call Jimmy or Darren to set that up.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lidarman said:
Bedell99, how you likey the bikey?
The bike has been great. It is a SL with a Fox RP23 shock. I'm coming off a 2006 575 and it is much better. It weighs around 26 lbs with pedals. :thumbsup: I ordered it with a 150mm TALAS which is an ok fork, but it is a only a 9mm quick release. I run the fork at 130mm. I notice alot of flex when in the fork when it is at 150mm. My plan is to build it up alittle more all montain. i want to get beefier wheels (Easton Havocs), some bigger 2.3 Schwalbe tires and a 15mm thru axle fork. When that is complete, I'm thinking it will be a 27.5 lb all mountain weapon.

Right now I have the those easton XC ones on there. By far that is the best wheelset I have ever own. I have not trued them in over 4 months of hard riding and they are holding up real well. That is why the Easton Havoc will be on this bike in the summer.

I have no problems with flex in the rear. i personally think the bike is light years stiffer than the old 575's. The Lopes Link even stiffens the bike up more. I can't wait to demo one of those Turner 5 spots, but this is my bike for the next couple of years.

I can't believe this weather for January though. It is amazing.

S-Works, next time I'm up there I want to give you a shout. You are a very good mountain biker and I'm always willing to learn a new trick or 2. ;)

Erik

·
Team Blindspot
2,989 Posts
angryasian said:
Thanks for the post! Did you ride the upper loop as well? Any chance that's dry, too?
Rode again today. The back side of the loop has some damp areas, but nothing to be concerned about. Go for it before the weather changes on us.:thumbsup:

Bedell99: definately give me a shout, I'm always up for hitting the Rock Garden

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.