Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Card Carrying Member
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last few weeks ETR and I have been noticing a trail cutter at Hall. Not your average trail cutter, this guy/gal is really someone that probably needs to be sticking to the path in town. Whoever it is, they are raping Hall and single handedly creating the most LAME cheater lines up there... Going out around tech areas in the grass, cutting corners through the vegetation and all the while leaving the same tracks. One weirwolf running reverse on the rear (if I remember correctly) and some undetermined knobby up front. Seriously though, these are the most wussed out lines around stuff that shouldn't be a problem for anyone who can pop their wheel up a curb. Please stop! If you know whos doing it, please ask them to stay on trail and maybe mention that they not suck so much or stick to the road.

I've never thought it to be a good idea to leave 'surprises' for cutters, but I'm thinking some sleeper rocks might be in order for this person.

the latest lame line to the left here... He/she is going to have to work hard to take it again.

Attachments

·
enlightened.
1,494 Posts
Okay, it could be the hangover, but how is that line easier?

You could just sit behind that rock and pounce like a mountain lion upon said cheater-line-taker. I'd really like to see that. Seriously.

·
Card Carrying Member
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, it's lame, like all the others they're taking... they're acually avoiding all of the rocks to the left and going out around them in the soft dirt.

·
Registered
220 Posts
maybe they should hire a security guard to keep people from cutting corners and rutting the trail out.

·
Card Carrying Member
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1speed said:
maybe they should hire a security guard to keep people from cutting corners and rutting the trail out.
haha, thanks... Maybe just catching the person and letting them know they suck will be enough.

Anyone wanna head up north with ETR and I here in a couple of hours?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Is the trail pretty stiff up top? i am getting sick of riding my fixie with studded tires on the snow packed roads but i don't want to trash the trail if its getting soft during the day

·
Card Carrying Member
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
athalliah said:
oooo...I could be game but I definitely need a nap first. When/where?
leaving my house in Lafayette about 1ish, heading up to FC area... I've got room for 1-2 more in/on the car. PM if you want more details.

·
Card Carrying Member
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1speed said:
Is the trail pretty stiff up top? i am getting sick of riding my fixie with studded tires on the snow packed roads but i don't want to trash the trail if its getting soft during the day
we didn't get past the top of the rock garden yesterday with the crazy cold wind that was going on, but... It's been rideable at least to the loop as long as it isn't too warm and melty.

·
My leg feels funny
1,289 Posts
athalliah said:
Okay, it could be the hangover, but how is that line easier?
Yeah I'm confused too, neither line is difficult in any way, maybe its more of an 'avoid a hiker line'. Either way not cool.

·
Card Carrying Member
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I can't imagine that you'd need to go that way to avoid anything other than the trail.

couple other pics from that day...

etr waiting for all the deer to cross
etr and I trying to get this big guy to move off the side of the trail
and the big guy not too pleased about loosing his sunny resting area
etr ripping it

Attachments

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
liqwid said:
Yeah I'm confused too, neither line is difficult in any way, maybe its more of an 'avoid a hiker line'. Either way not cool.
It's clearly a noob going up hill who can't negotiate that off angle root from the tree. Sure it's easy for experienced riders, but I know plenty of people who can't make it up.

·
Card Carrying Member
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
athalliah said:
Lidarman you're probably the most diplomatic person on this board.
He's such a good guy...

BTW, athalliah.... Be glad you opted out yesterday. It turned out to be another Shackelton adventure complete with a fair amount of postholing.

·
Card Carrying Member
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
<embed style="width:400px; height:326px;" id="VideoPlayback" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=-4184855057411925151&hl=en" flashvars=""> </embed>

ETR

The first of a couple of clips... I'm not editing these down, they're raw right off the cam.

·
Card Carrying Member
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ETR just down from the slab at the top of the rock garden

<embed style="width:400px; height:326px;" id="VideoPlayback" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=3921075554279960669&hl=en" flashvars=""> </embed>

·
Card Carrying Member
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
<embed style="width:400px; height:326px;" id="VideoPlayback" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=6520467192356713935&hl=en" flashvars=""> </embed>

1 - 20 of 36 Posts