Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
trail waggler
1,425 Posts
Yeah, right! No foolin' me...

I pass by it every day, on my way to work, and I'm working on a property that borders Hall.:D

Does look like a feline track, lotsa Purina Mountain Kitty Chow around there!

·
ride
5,275 Posts
I made it out to Hall recently for an "off peak hours" type of ride. It was great. Once you get over all the ice and snow, it was actually 100% rideable. The trailbed was a hard packed in ice and had a good combination of snow, sand, and dirt mixed in. Traction was pretty good. Made it up mostly thru the rock garden before the 5 degree temps got the best of me and I called it a ride. Sure was cold on the ride back to town. brrr.

·
Just go ride!
616 Posts
ignazjr said:
I made it out to Hall recently for an "off peak hours" type of ride. It was great. Once you get over all the ice and snow, it was actually 100% rideable. The trailbed was a hard packed in ice and had a good combination of snow, sand, and dirt mixed in. Traction was pretty good. Made it up mostly thru the rock garden before the 5 degree temps got the best of me and I called it a ride. Sure was cold on the ride back to town. brrr.
Ditto. Rode yesterday AM almost up to the loop start. There is some great "technical" snow riding up there right now! We were doing wheelies to get up solidly frozen snow drifts, and also got a lot of balance work in trying to stay on the hardpack stuff. It was some really cool and fun riding! Double ditto - just about froze on the ride out though, especially after working up a sweat going up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.