Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a few photos from my "ride" up Hall Ranch today. Started around 1:30 and finished around 4:30. Walked much of the way up (too much snow to get traction when the grade got past gentle uphill). A cold day outside. Found a pair of mtb glasses on the way up. Send me a PM describing what they look like and where you might have lost them and I'll send them to you ASAP.

Attachments

·
Moosehead
1,908 Posts
Nice effort Tline, ur one bad azz dood. Santa bringing me some studded tires, looking forward to giving it a go. How do the SPD's hold up? Easier to kick and clear, or would flats be the way to go in the snow? Thanks for the snow shots and any tips.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
From what I've heard, some people use warm hiking boots and flats in snow with very good results. This saves you the expense of buying winter mtb spd shoes/boots. Today I used a pair of regular Sidi mtb spd shoes, but added an old thick sock over the shoes (with cut-outs for the cleats), and put neoprene boot covers over the shoes and over-socks. I also stuffed chemical hand warmers between the over-socks and the shoes. My feet did not get cold at all today. I have a pair of Lake MXZ302 boots on order and will be giving those a go when they arrive. Keeping feet and hands warm seems to be the big challenge. It was beautiful up at Hall Ranch today with all the snow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.