Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
but I'm hoping it's not half the performance of the Lyrik or Fox 36. My new fork just came in. This will be a Moab or shuttle run only fork (I can take it on and off in about 15 minutes including brake adjustments).
2007 Zoke All Mountain 1
160mm coil (air assist)
Regular axle (no 20 TA necessary so i can use my current wheels)
ETA, TST2
5 lbs 3 oz uncut
Postmount.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually put it on RRB's bike since I need to overhaul my Revelation that is on her bike now... It does chopper it out quite a bit but not really that bad. The instructions that come with the fork is not very intuitive however... Hopefully she can test ride it soon. The parking lot test in the rain was plush however (the Finish Line Stanchion lube really helped).

·
In my mind, I can do it!
2,365 Posts
How many forks do you have now? I see 2 more in the background... You're like a used bike parts warehouse... LOL... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
iviguy said:
How many forks do you have now? I see 2 more in the background... You're like a used bike parts warehouse... LOL... :thumbsup:
You should fly out to Boise tomorrow....Gary's having a mini-bike swap on Cinco de Mayo. He is probably better stocked than a number of LBS around here!

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=290627

·
trail "cleaner"
1,382 Posts
Uhhh.... Noodley?

flipnidaho said:
but I'm hoping it's not half the performance of the Lyrik or Fox 36. My new fork just came in. This will be a Moab or shuttle run only fork (I can take it on and off in about 15 minutes including brake adjustments).
2007 Zoke All Mountain 1
160mm coil (air assist)
Regular axle (no 20 TA necessary so i can use my current wheels)
ETA, TST2
5 lbs 3 oz uncut
Postmount.
After owning several 32mm stantion forks, I find anything beyond 140mm requires a 20mm axle as they become quite 'flexy' anytime the fork exceeds this amount of travel. Thus my purchases of Lyriks and Z1 lite. The stiffness difference is like night and day. :eekster:

·
Registered
7,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
crisillo said:
what's the blue one, flip? the other one is the Maggie Asgard, you are so fond of...
The blue one is an old de-stickered SID that is going on a Dean Jester SS (currrently has a blown Englund Cartridge on a Judy) and the Maggie is going on a project full suspension SS (Mantra).

·
Registered
7,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
AZmtncycler said:
After owning several 32mm stantion forks, I find anything beyond 140mm requires a 20mm axle as they become quite 'flexy' anytime the fork exceeds this amount of travel. Thus my purchases of Lyriks and Z1 lite. The stiffness difference is like night and day. :eekster:
Trust me, I'm still kicking myself for missing out on a Lyrik U-Turn that went for $350 on flea-bay a few weeks ago... I was also searching for a Z1-Lite but it's not in the 07 Line up...

·
Super Moderator
20,806 Posts
flipnidaho said:
The blue one is an old de-stickered SID that is going on a Dean Jester SS (currrently has a blown Englund Cartridge on a Judy) and the Maggie is going on a project full suspension SS (Mantra).
that is what I wondered... very few forks in "SID blue" :lol:

the mantra SS sounds interesting :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BelaySlave said:
Hey Gary --- where'd you order that from? I'd like to compare the price you got it at to what we have in our catalog at the store.
eBay. I can imagine I paid a little over cost for the thing considering the MSRP.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts