Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Wandervans
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Head up to Hailey on Friday night and then rode Mahoney Gulch to Imperial on Saturday with the girlfriend. The trails were cleared and it in great shape...

On saturday afternoon we head up to stanley to go and hike into 4th of July Lake and then ride Fischer/Williams Creek on Sunday Morning. The trail was quite the site and I was mighty glad to have gotten throught the burn area early in the morning since it felt mighty warm on the top half of the trail without the shade.

After seeing all the snow around 4th of July Lake I am a little worried about this coming weekends schedule.

Chris

Attachments

·
Cleavage Of The Tetons
6,456 Posts
I wondered why you weren't in Whistler...but the crack of the whip sound that emanates from your trip report explains EVERYTHING.
So, are you allowed to still trailbuild?:p

·
Registered
8,105 Posts
I don't know if this helps but...

I rode Fox Peak last Friday and there was still lots of snow banks at 8500' on the north facing aspects.

I'm back in scorching Arizona where our forests are now closed to public access. I wish I could have stayed in Idaho. With only 4 days to ride in Sun Valley it was hard to pick. Fisher Creek was totally transformed from what I remembered 6 years ago but still fun and the trail was in nice shape. Imperial Gulch was as epic as ever. 42 year old wifey cleaned the last two climbs after you pop out of Greenhorn Gulch. I was mucho impressed. You guys have got some great trails and also it would seem lots of folks who care about them. I was impressed with the amount of trail maintenace already conducted so early in the summer.

I sure would like to check out some of the White Cloud stuff you've posted on. Very nice. Is the wilderness designation still in congress?

·
Rocks Rock
943 Posts
rideit said:
I wondered why you weren't in Whistler...but the crack of the whip sound that emanates from your trip report explains EVERYTHING.
Rideit, Your mail box is full. Are you going to Mountain Bike Oregon event Aug.18 - 23? Could be some ripe ones for Peru there.

·
Registered
8,105 Posts
BelaySlave said:
ALL forests or just certain areas...like wilderness areas?
Coconino National Forest which includes Flagstaff and Sedona is entirely closed as of last Friday. Bill Williams Mtn in the Kaibab Nat. Forest is closed. I'll bet the Tonto and Apache Sitgreaves Nat. Forests will close shortly. Wilderness areas of course are always closed to those of a two wheeled persuasion. Hopefully the summer monsoon thunderstorm season will get underway shortly and maybe the forests will be reopened to the public by August. Some folks get around the closures by night riding but I prefer to go elsewhere. Unfortunately, I planned my Utah and Idaho trip a little too early. Time to work on the golf game.

·
Wandervans
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
actually had class

rideit said:
on wednesday and thursday evening so I couldn't make it up to whistler this year :(

If the crack of the whip involves riding in sunvalley then I think I can handle the whip :)

·
King of the Barneys
1,121 Posts
smilycook said:
Head up to Hailey on Friday night and then rode Mahoney Gulch to Imperial on Saturday with the girlfriend. The trails were cleared and it in great shape...

On saturday afternoon we head up to stanley to go and hike into 4th of July Lake and then ride Fischer/Williams Creek on Sunday Morning. The trail was quite the site and I was mighty glad to have gotten throught the burn area early in the morning since it felt mighty warm on the top half of the trail without the shade.

After seeing all the snow around 4th of July Lake I am a little worried about this coming weekends schedule.

Chris
Pretty spooky shot of the gal on Fisher Williams. How was the trail itself??

CDB

·
Back of the pack fat guy
4,009 Posts
GF v. GF

smilycook said:
friends don't let friends own Gary Fischers..
Here are the top reasons why my GF is better than smellyc0ck's GF:

10. I can ride my GF in public without fear of arrest.
9. If my GF dumps me, I can get back on and ride my GF some more.
8. My GF has a warranty. If I have problems with my GF, I can return my GF for a new one or have my GF fixed for free.
7. My GF doesn't care if I ride another GF.
6. I can ride my GF all day long and my GF will never get sore.
5. My GF can be ridden any time of the month.
4. I own my GF, not the other way around.
3. If my GF makes annoying noises, all I need to do is relube her.
2. My GF doesn't care how many other GF's I've ridden in the past.

And the number 1 reason my GF is better than smelly's GF:

1. My GF is more fun to ride with the rubber on. And, if the rubber breaks while I'm riding my GF, I don't have to worry about having an unwanted new bike.

:p

·
TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
2,982 Posts
Oroonoko is a short novel by Aphra Behn published in 1688, concerning the tragic love of its hero, an enslaved African in Suriname in the 1660s, and the author's own experiences with the new American colony. It is generally claimed (most famously by Virginia Woolf) that Aphra Behn was the first professional female author in English. While this is not entirely true, it is true that Behn was the first professional female dramatist and novelist, as well as one of the first novelists in English. Although she had written at least one novel previously, Oroonoko is both one of the earliest English novels and one of the earliest by a woman. Behn worked for Charles II as a spy during the outset of the Second Dutch War, working to solicit a double agent. However, Charles either failed to pay her for her services or failed to pay her all that he owed her, and Behn, upon returning to England, needed money. She was widowed and destitute and even spent some time in debtor's prison before scoring a number of successes as an author. In the 1670s, only John Dryden had plays staged more often than Behn. She turned her hand to long prose toward the end of her dramatic career, and Oroonoko was published in the same year as her death at the age of 48.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.