Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
bike buster
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It was a slow, rainy day at the shop. I got sent home early. What better way to spend the afternoon than riding? The skies were expected to be clear for a couple of hours. Just enough time to get a ride in on the cross bike. The route? Hmmm.... up Montabello and down Canyon. It didn't take much to convince JeffH to tag along. The TV was spewing crap, so Rensho came along too.

Once we got to the reservoir, the rain started to come down. We're here now. There's no turning back. Rensho's "W.T.F. Face" was in full effect. We pressed on.

Cold, rain, mud and even hail. It was a great ride.

Here are some pics:

JeffH and Rensho headed up Montabello Rd.

The climb up the road was mellow. It looked like the weather would be nice after all! We all got a little motivation... "You guys rock!" from someone driving down the hill in a Mini.

I sense a little competition.

Almost to the top of Montabello Rd.

The REI water bottle says it all...

This shot was taken 45 seconds before 50mph+ winds, rain and hail came to the party.

Jeff and Tom reach the summit.

The top of the hill gives them a nice welcome...

Cameras were put away for their own safety.

A Storm is a brewin'

Beginning the descent while being pelted by hail... our toes and fingertips assaulted by the cold air and wind.

What ride would be complete without my bike having some kind of failure? A front tire flat... there were several downed trees. I picked the wrong line. While filling the tire with CO2, the canister stuck to my fingers due to the cold.

After getting into dry clothes, Jeff is all smiles and gives the ride a thumbs up.

A great ride! Thanks for heading out with me, guys! :thumbsup:

If you're thinking about it.... do it. Throw on a jacket and get out there. It's good for ya!

·
bike dork extraordinaire
628 Posts
Wow. That is a bit nuts! :eekster:

I went up Kennedy yesterday with a similar bunch of diehards. Came down dogmeat with the rain pelting in my eyes and mud splashing up from the front wheel. I had to stop several times to clear my eyes just so I could see. Glad you guys made it down OK!

·
Life is strange
1,991 Posts
sirkrameroy said:
Wow. That is a bit nuts! :eekster:

I went up Kennedy yesterday and came down dogmeat with the rain pelting in my eyes and mud splashing up from the front wheel. I had to stop several times to clear my eyes just so I could see. Glad you guys made it down OK!
Canyon holds up somewhat well when its wet.
Not that I'd have experience with that or anything...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.