Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
sh*t eater
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience with these? They were made right here the USA and I'm always a big fan of made in the USA parts. I was thinking of dumping my brand new Sram X.9 drivetrain and running this on my NRS. Would I need to buy a chain tensioner? Would my full suspension frame cause problems? It seems like a great way to get better shifting performance out my bike and by removing my front shifter, front derailleur, rear derailleur etc I would save tons of weight.

Is anyone using this or have any thoughts about it or any help on setting one up? That would be totally awesome.

If it is good enough for Jim Kaat and Fred Cox it is good enough for me,

thanks for your help,
scott

Attachments

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
I bit only cuz you mentioned Jim Kaat...

and glad I did...cool ads! Never heard of this but would love to hear more about it. If I really wanted to find out more I'd probably start with Brad or one of the other guys at American Cyclery here in San Francisco. Something tells me you're better off with your current drivetrain...

·
ceteris paribus
593 Posts
So, it's recomended by a football and a baseball player, hmm...
would I buy a new set of basketball shoes cause Lance Armstrong recomends them?... No, I'll probably go for the ones NBA stars use...

Is that 1960's retro look intentional? or is it actual 1960's...? You know, last time I checked, high tech is the name of the game when it comes to bikes, so retro isn't helping their product...

making up numbers, jillion that's a little more than one elevenly gazillions, right?

Made in the USA... by mexican and chinnesse immigrants... many of the best technologies are developed and manafactured in Japan and Europe... So made in the USA says nothing to me.
****************************************************************************************************************

It might be a great product, but they gotta get a new marketing crew ASAP.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.