1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Titanium Junkie
Why Cycles S7, Specialized Levo
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sounds promising ~

Installing OneUp Components' New 16 Tooth Cog - NSMB.com

I found a 9 spd sram 16t cog in my parts bin last night, anyone know if I can use that in my XT cassette in place of the 15-17? Or will I just be frustrating myself further?

I love the setup, but I really miss that 17t! Shifting just isn't crisp right there and I use that range a lot, and the 15 is just sometimes "too hard" and the 19t is just "too easy"...

·
Registered
12 Posts
FWIW, I have the wolftooth 42t cog and I love it. I put on a brand new XT cassette, new chain and new race face NW 32t ring all at the same time. Shifts like a dream and the range is awesome. I notice a bit of lag on the shift from 15-19 but only when i'm actually looking for it. If i'm out on the trail and focused on my line and where i'm going then it's so insignificant that I don't even notice. Would a properly timed 16t cog make it even better...probably. At this point I'm happy the way mine is and don't plan on changing anything.

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
Yeah I just saw that yesterday. If you buy now their larger cog comes with the 16t. Makes it tempting but I am torn between OneUp, WolfTooth, or Hope.
I would just go with the one you like. I highly doubt that you'll be able to tell a difference in performance once mounted.

OneUp did one up the other guys by including the 16T.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I checked it out and it looks like you can only get the 16T by buying their 40 or 42. Its not a stand alone product yet. I have the Wolftooth conversion and would like to stay with them so hopefully they come up with a 16T.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.