Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Canadian Invasion
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my eye on gold Hadleys for a while now. However, I'm not sure how the two compare? Are the I9's loud? I'm talking about the burliest FR/DH I9's out there of course. How do the two stack up price wise?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
I've owned both, currently on I9's. Both hubs are very nice, well made, and most importantly both companies provide GREAT service. Hadley doesn't offer the color selection that I9 does, and are sometimes hard to locate. I9 rear hubs pull apart very easily so you can get to the pawls to add or remove grease. I like a quiet hub so I keep them heavily greased.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Call Jeff at Industry 9 He can get you set up. They can lace em to the dps32's directly. They have been getting more and more requests for those rims. I have the dps 32's white laced to red I-9 hub and spokes.
Love me for freeride/urban and dropping so far. I am limited due impart to injury but have knocked a few 6' to flats and no problems they are stiff and track beatiful.
Just talked to Brandy at I9 and he said any LBS can order the wheels in.

·
T.Dot Represent
1,290 Posts
id vote the hadley. if your going to be doing hardcore fr, your going to trash lots of wheels and rebuildability is key for hubs. i know its very easy to rebuild a hadley although ive never seena nyone work on a I9 also the i9s are pricey as hell

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
both are great....I feel the I9's are over priced though.....i would get the Hadley's very solid....mine are 3 years old and still ticking

·
Canadian Invasion
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cool, yeah I think my mind is made up, thanks guys. Its strange though, on the go-ride website, their hadleys have 72 engagement points? I always thought Hadleys had like 130 points or something crazy like that. What give?

·
notabouttoseeyourlight
2,664 Posts
Phi.Design said:
Cool, yeah I think my mind is made up, thanks guys. Its strange though, on the go-ride website, their hadleys have 72 engagement points? I always thought Hadleys had like 130 points or something crazy like that. What give?
They used to do a higher engagement system but it was sensitive and prone to breaking so they discontinued it... 72 engagement points is still like 5 degrees of rotation for engagement, that's quick!

·
Registered
465 Posts
I prefer the hadleys, you can beat a hadley laced with dt swiss 2mm spokes to a good rim, I think that will be harder to get a spoke if you break one of the I-9, also i don't trust alloy spokes for hardcore freeride applications.I wonder what happen if you strip one the threads of a I-9 hub?. For me I-9 wheels are just fancy set up for plp looking more for the BLING factor that for a ultra touhgt wheelset. period

·
I HUCK WITH CHUCK
1,319 Posts
I own both right now. Engagement and sound is nicer on the I9s. I feel like they're a stiffer wheel also, but ones on my HT and one's on my DH bike so I'm not sure. The I9 spokes aren't hard to get, mostly because jeff will probably throw you a handful of them with your wheels. Either set you'll enjoy.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Have fun trying to get I-9 spokes while you riding the megavalanche in Peru, of course it depends of where you are and how much do you travel with your bike, i don´t think these wheels are enought popular arround the wolrd yet, so i'd still trust more on a regular stainless steel spokes set of wheels. You can get them everywhere. BTW the sound of the I-9 rear hub is annoying

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
You can also buy standard spoke I9 hubs. They had so many requests that they started making regular hubs that will take a spoke of your choice just like the Hadley. I must say that I like my I9's, there CS is like Turner, fast!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.