Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Probably drunk right now
6,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone direct me to an exploded view schematic of a Hadley hub? I had to take the hub apart to lube/clean the pawls. Now that I've taken it apart and put it back together, I have a 2 mm gap between the freehub body and the the hub body.

Is the seal inside the freehub body direction specific? Could improper direction cause the space?

Thanks,

Ken

·
Probably drunk right now
6,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
????

icegeek said:
Sorry, can't help ya as I'm a step or two behind. Where did you find the tools?
What tools? A couple of allen wrenches (5 mm and 10 mm) , a spanner and an 18 mm cone wrench was all I used. There are special tools? What are they used for?

Ken

·
Category Winner
6,130 Posts
Tools

I recently had my wheels serviced by Hadley. I had done all my previous maintenence with the tools I had on hand. I now own the Hadley specific tools, and I must say they make it look like it would make the job a lot easier next time. They were willing to walk me through some adjustements over the phone. They are very helpful so give 'em a call.

·
Probably drunk right now
6,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh yeah, but other than that...

icegeek said:
perhaps to fix that 2mm gap? :D

[joking, I thought H's needed a $wanky tool similar to the Kings.]
Besides that, what would I need special tools for? I've heard that too. Teamdicky, what are the special tools used for? The only thing I could think of would be to get the pawls back in to the freehub body. That was kind of a PITA.

Ken

·
Category Winner
6,130 Posts
Ken in KC said:
Besides that, what would I need special tools for? I've heard that too. Teamdicky, what are the special tools used for? The only thing I could think of would be to get the pawls back in to the freehub body. That was kind of a PITA.

Ken
No, they are just the cone wrenches and spanner tools. Adjustable spanners were always slipping on me. I think that was all the tools I received. I can check when I get home.
I actually had a easy go at getting the pawls happy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.